News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

neighbors' dog urine on balcony!

emma23miller

Member Bio
Reaction score
Never thought I would have to post about an issue like that.

So...I live in a downtown condo. The neighbors two floors above us got a puppy, but are apparently too lazy to take the dog out for walks!

The solution? the balcony of course!

Apparently they figured it's a brilliant idea to let the dog pee on the balcony! The first time we discovered dog urine on our balcony (directly below theirs) we were shocked, figured it must be some mistake, went to talk to Urinator#1. He apologized, was surprised the balcony had holes for drainage (!) and said it won't happen again.

The week after that - more urine! This time I was really upset, we went upstairs again, talked to Urinator #2. She blamed their dog walker for it (by definition a dog walker is supposed to take the dog for walks..not to the balcony?!). She also said that she can understand how annoying it can be for us..AS NON DOG OWNERS to experience this. (Because we all know dog owners love to bathe in dog urine!). I said to her this is their last warning.

So they stopped letting the dog urinate on that balcony. They just moved the pee pad to balcony #2 instead! (Also directly above our second balcony) And the saga continues!

I really thought such a ridiculous situation would never happen. Our building manager sent them letters, but there doesn't seem to be much use in those.

What should we do now?! The neighbor that is above us (he gets the bulk of the urine) and below the Urinators wants to sue them. Is that the only way to get through to people like that?

):

Write a letter to the Board of Directors and copy the Property Manager with dates, nature of discussions with the offenders and all pertinent information and ask for a timely response as to what their course of action will be. BoD's often only meet once every month or two (depending on how new the building it is) so be patient but be firm. This is a health issue, not to mention a flagrant misuse of the common areas, so they have no choice but to deal with it. Keep all correspondence just in case this escalates and you have to enter into mediation or something of the sort.

Back