News   Jul 30, 2024
 567     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 1.3K     4 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 599     0 

National Geographic: St. Lawrence Market the world's best

1. The corner store at Logan & Gerrard.
Not very convenient when changing cars ... but something to keep in mind if I can see I've got a 15-minute wait for the next 506.

Yes, valid point about drinking it ... if there's no demand, then not going to be the freshest. Still, would be convenient to grab the office milk on my way into work, or the milk for home on my way there.

Am I missing something? I thought Logan/Gerrard was little India.
Logan is only 2 TTC stops east of Broadview. You have to go down Gerrard east of Greenwood to hit little India, which is roughly between Woodfield and Coxwell - another 8 stops further east from Logan, and the other side of the tracks. Plenty of stores in Little India with milk, BTW, BJs has been fine for it.

Logan is only 2 TTC stops east of Broadview. You have to go down Gerrard east of Greenwood to hit little India, which is roughly between Woodfield and Coxwell - another 8 stops further east from Logan, and the other side of the tracks. Plenty of stores in Little India with milk, BTW, BJs has been fine for it.

Thanks. Does Toronto have two chinatowns? I was always under the impression that Chinatown was considered to be Spadina.

Does Toronto have two chinatowns?
No - three or four at least - six according to Wikipedia.

The one at Broadview/Gerrard is sometimes referred to Chinatown East. It runs on Broadview from just north of Gerrard down to Dundas East. And on Gerrard from the arches east of Broadview west to ... hard to say where it ends. The best is done by Degrassi, but there's a small string of Chinese businesses on and off all the way to Greenwood.
16Sep09_ChineseArchway.jpg

Back