News   Apr 29, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 29, 2024
 496     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 3K     7 

Museum Station

I think people are out of touch with reality in terms of how much things cost.

Signage - like is currently up on the new Sheppard line costs $500,000 for a station this size. The ceiling would have cost an additional $1million.

I always find it amusing how putting up a light post costs as much as a brand new condo in downtown Toronto :rolleyes:

... oh the beauty of union jobs...

Regarding the ceiling. There's no excuse for it to be that way. If they couldn't afford to redo the ceiling, they could have left it the way it was. It wouldn't interfere with the columns or the platform walls that they upgraded.

I really need to go down there, because the more pictures I see, the less I like it. It really is the fact that other than the columns, everything else is still a mess. A dark ceiling would definitely help though.

When I see the Roman columns, all I think of is this, and how much better it is:

awtowostationfr9.jpg

Saint Petersburg Metro

Which actually makes me realize what an amazing concept that would be for St Patrick's Stn: OCAD students remake the station maybe every five years? A subway station as art gallery/studio space? Cool!

This is one of those rare occasions... an UD post I agree with. It's a good idea.

But I'm sure I'll go back to my ignore strategy soon after reading the next tsunami of self-congratulatory posts....

All Toronto needs is a dictator a la Stalin and thousands of workers willing to work for nothing more than a promise of a brighter future and our subway will rival Moscow and St. Petersburg. :)

The east wall at the north end was tag this week sometime after Tuesday unveiling.

The small area where the tag took place was still tacky to the hand from the new paint job.

Painters are going to hate this station.

Execution in progress = Work in Progress.
If you are stolen, call the police at once = If you have something stolen, call the police at once.
If your take the phone on the waistband, as if to send money to the thief = Wearing your cellphone on your belt is like giving money to a thief.
After first under on, do riding with civility = ???

I can't even decipher that last one.

Back