News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 542     1 

Multiplexes

Looks like they want to do the same thing with the neighbouring property at 791 Adelaide St W:

791 ADELAIDE ST W

To demolish the existing two-storey dwelling and to construct a new four-storey, four-unit dwelling with front balconies on the ground floor, second floor, and third floor, a fourth floor rooftop deck, and front and rear canopies.

Taken 24 April. At the southeast corner of Wallace and Pauline.

View attachment 558919
View attachment 558920
Believe it or not, that house has been in this state for 10+ years. According to the neighbourhood grapevine, the work was originally done without permits and the city had to step in, though it doesn't look like they've had much success getting it fixed. I can't imagine that the building code allows OSB siding.

May finally be some regulated movement here to finish this properly:

41 WALLACE AVE

Proposal to demolish existing SFD and construct a new fourplex

wallac.JPG

791 Adelaide West. I am posting a few screenshots as I think that the design is interesting and the area is rapidly turning into a Kensington Market-style neighbourhood.

IMG_4309.png

IMG_4308.png
IMG_4310.jpeg
IMG_4311.jpeg

791 Adelaide West. I am posting a few screenshots as I think that the design is interesting and the area is rapidly turning into a Kensington Market-style neighbourhood.
I have reviewed this application in the past. It is certainly an interesting development, and I'd be curious how the units look once they are built. The frontage on this and the neighboring lot is ~12ft only. Waiting to see how these look once built.

328 SHAW ST

To convert the existing two-storey, two-unit, semi-detached dwelling into a three-storey fourplex by constructing a rear second storey addition above the existing rear one-storey brick addition, a complete third storey addition, a front basement walkout, a front second storey balcony, a rear third storey balcony, and new rear outdoor stairs accessing the third storey.

shaw.JPG
shaw2.JPG

Back