News   Jun 05, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 1.1K     3 
News   Jun 05, 2024
 897     1 

Movies that feature Toronto

The TV Show The Firm and flashpoint are shot in Toronto

The office of the larger law firm in the show is actually the offices of Stantec Architecture at Spadina and Wellington

wait a sec- i know where this is! lol

Yonge-stret for the resident evil movie... did they actually shoot on Yonge? (is it actually in the movie?). or is this just a promotional photoshopped image?

resident-evil-retribution-06036_r-610x406.jpg

Wow I think it might be

I've been meaning to get Videodrome on DVD, but it costs $50! Exotica also finally just got a proper DVD release in Canada last month (Blu-Ray DVD/DVD combo). Exotica is probably one of my top 5 favourite movies all-time.

I just started watching Monk on Netflix, and was amused to see Toronto standing in for San Francisco.

That was only in the first season though.

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a few movie locations in the Toronto area, and I was hoping that those who are more familiar with the area might be able to help me.

The movie in question is a horror film from 1992 called Frat Fright (also known as Happy Hell Night).

I did find one of the locations pretty easily. A few scenes were filmed at a now demolished motel called the Lake Edge Motel on W Lake Shore Blvd.

I have screencaps of other locations from the film. Hopefully someone here can help recognize them!

Location 1:
In the film, this is a frat house where most of the film takes place:
jsg41f.jpg

14cb9so.jpg

The movie takes place at a college, and here are a few exteriors from around the campus. I thought it might have been filmed at the University Of Toronto (where the 1986 film Killer Party was filmed), but I haven't found an exact match to these locations.

6p18hd.jpg

105xieg.jpg

SAME SHOT:
34s5lhv.jpg

And finally, one last building. Sorry about the picture quality, the scenes here take place at night. I believe in the film it was some sort of run-down hospital.

rm6z2f.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :)

I think the last 3 photos feature the former psychiatric grounds in Etobicoke at Lakeshore & Kipling. Once used for the Police Academy movies among others like Strange Brew.

The building in question in the 2nd & 3rd last photo is the old administration building that doubled for the main building for the commandant in the PA series of movies. The grounds were well featured in the first few movies. The last image is part of the separate buildings on the ground used for housing the patients back in the day. Some of them are now owned by Humber College and have been renovated and restored to use as classrooms.

Here are a few references that might help.

Admin building:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asylumbythelake/5272599295/

The 'cottages' for reference to the last photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/asylumbythelake/5273223974/

It's not out yet but Toronto is playing the part of post-apocalyptic Japan in Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim. http://www.moviescene.nl/image.php?...cific-rim-set-photo-4-600x450.jpg&h=450&w=600

I am uber-pumped.
I did some prop work for Pacific Rim. Quite cool, the sets were.

A lot of the same people worked on Total Recall, which was also in the future (in New Britain) but clearly had some Toronto elements in it. One King jumped off the screen during one aerial shot that I recall, along with other landmarks that I think they snuck in as generic filler buildings.

Robocop is now shooting again, which did little to hide certain Toronto landmarks the first time around. Metro Hall, for example.

Thank you so much for the lead JohnnyTronno! I think you are correct!

They must have redone the roofs at some point, because the roof that you can see in the background doesn't match up. But that arched stairway matches perfectly.

Thanks again!

This one seems to have been filmed in Toronto. Not sure if it takes place partly in Toronto as well, or not. But they do nothing to hide the CN Tower, and the trailer starts with an awesome skyline shot.
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/adarktruth/

lol wow! that's one of the most not-hiding toronto trailers I've seen in a long while! (if ever). spotted out eatons centre tower, etc.. however, the film looks incredibly low-budget/tv show/straight to dvd looking.

and ya, another one to add to the list is Robocop. (currently filming I think, probably already known)

The trailer for Pacific Rim reveals a scene filmed in Toronto (disguised as Tokyo).

http://torontoist.com/2012/12/toronto-makes-the-opening-shot-of-pacific-rims-first-trailer/

awesome! but ha, why even bother mentioning that, let alone creating an article about that. I mean, I would understand if it was a shot of the skyline or nathan phillips square. Once again shows Toronto has no unique film identity. that street could have been ANYWHERE. lol

but ya, koodos to the visual effects department, it really does look like tokyo

Back