News   May 08, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.7K     3 

Mosaic (736 Spadina s of Bloor, Greenco/Pinedale/Wycliffe, 20s, Northgrave Architect) COMPLETE

And the JCC needs to be bulldozed: it's ugly and looks like it belongs at Bathurst and Centre not in red brick Annex!

Uhhh... there's the original quote. urbandreamer only seems to be saying that it should be in suburban Vaughan because he thinks it's ugly. That's all. Why are any of you reading more into it than that?

Vaughan = ugly. Easy peasy.

interchange42 said:
Uhhh... there's the original quote. urbandreamer only seems to be saying that it should be in suburban Vaughan because he thinks it's ugly. That's all. Why are any of you reading more into it than that?

Vaughan = ugly. Easy peasy.

Well, no, s-he said Bathurst-Centre. Vaughan sure, but specifically Thornhill-Vaughan -- I know Vaughan can seem like an undistinguishable mass at a distance, but humour me -- and, within that, somewhere within the centre of gravity of Toronto's Jewish community. Which is probably relevant to the JCC whose reno members of that community funded, right?

I'd say Adma got it right:

Well, why not a little bit of both? Like, as Jewish institutions go, etc. etc. It's akin to criticizing something in old Chinatown as something that'd be better off at Steeles + Kennedy...

In other worsd, the criticism is a little bit more zingy than interchange42 gives it credit for. Although still, imho, wrong (see above). As a trip to Bathurst & Centre will confirm...

My sincerest apologies

I thought my comments on the Mosaic would belong on this thread. Imagine my surprise and embarrasement when I realized my posting plopped right in of your personal little hot debate that absolutely no one else appears to be interested in(including the moderators it seems). Thankfully I see you fellows never even missed a beat, so my little posting about Mosaic didn't throw you off.

^ Well, ha ha Granny, you do have a point. We got off topic there, didn't we? But sometimes you don't know wherre a discussion will lead, and the last few posts did flow quite directly from the discussion of Mosaic, which is the immediate neighbour to the JCC.

If this discussion of the JCC goes much further, I would assume that one of the mods will move it to a new thread, but for now, it's not really out of place, and I for one found it interesting.

I thought my comments on the Mosaic would belong on this thread. Imagine my surprise and embarrasement when I realized my posting plopped right in of your personal little hot debate that absolutely no one else appears to be interested in(including the moderators it seems).

Wow -- now that contempt I can feel all the way from here!

Wasn't the gist of your comments, though, that it's not worth talking about Mosaic because this is Spadina and, hey, don't expect anything on Spadina?

Maybe we can get this back on topic at some point... I keep clicking on it thinking there are worthwhile updates. Is it just me?

In this case though, who cares? It's a thread about a completed, uninspiring pre-cast condo. I doubt you're going to see anything much new about this hohum project.

It's a thread about a completed, uninspiring pre-cast condo.

Not anymore. The mods should at least change the title, or add something to it to reflect its "evolution".

Actually we should split the thread into two. Will do so when I have time unless one of the other mods wants to do it.

NOTE: Splitting now done. Posts regarding the JCC & the Jewish community in general in the city have now been moved to this thread.

I gotta say, Mosaic is about as dull as it comes. The definition of "middle of the road".

Below are some of the two bedrooms on the higher floors. Bland, bland, bland. Interestingly, all of the units looking right into that bunker to the south were sold. All of the available units (except for one) are facing north.

Below are two smaller units on the 3rd floor which I thought were the most interesting.

This first one has huge windows in the bathroom where the people who live in that bunker to the south can take a peek at you peeing. At 785 sq ft they're asking $329,900. Parking not available for this unit.

And finally, below is my favourite. It is the most bizarre layout I've ever seen. 3rd floor. 947 sq ft. $447,900.

Below is the 2nd bedroom. There is essentially a walk in closet, but on one side of the closet is huge windows on to the street. Strange... or cool and unique?

I don't mind some of the photos/units in your first row of interior photos: nice minimal-looking wood kitchen cabinets, with white tile backsplash. Not bad. The location is basically perfect too: Streetcar to Queen St W/K-Market, subway and my fave nabe in the city. A pity aA didn't get to handle this development:(

However, makes me realize the Scotiabank location is gonna make a perfect condo site some day....

I walked by recently and noticed that two of the three retail spots beneath Mosaic are being readied.

One has been taken by a "Sutherland-Chan" massage clinic, and the other by a three cent copy centre. All I can say for the latter is that I hate store signs with font that are done in something that looks like times new roman, and I also don't know why we need another copy shop in the area.

Back