News   May 15, 2024
 841     0 
News   May 15, 2024
 674     0 

Mortgage Broker needed?

CityLover

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've got a terrific mortgage broker that works for TD Canada Trust but she can sell mortgages from anyone. She got me a rate of 3.65 % for 5 years with TD Canada Trust!! She really knows her stuff and she is very reliable and always gets back to your promptly. I highly recommend her. Her name is Melanie Zanay and you can reach her at 1-866-767-5446. Her efforts got me a better rate than the special deal Royal Bank has with Plazacorp (my builder):)

Last edited:
OOPs...she got me 5 years at 3.65%!! My error!!

So Sorry but she actually got me 5 Years at 3.65%...my error!!

Is it for a new condo? if it is do they guarantee the rate once it closes? which is probably past the standard ho hum 120 days which is all I'm getting for anything under 4% fixed

Worth Checking out!!

Yes it is for a new Building (West Harbour City, Phase 1) which is closing in December and they've guaranteed the rate for me until then...:)

Then that is definitely a great rate. However, it can't hurt to also have a mortgage broker working for you. You are not obligated to go with TD just yet so a broker could get back to you closer to closing to inform you whether or not they can beat TD's rate.

In the end, don't worry about being loyal to TD. A fraction of a percentage is not a lot to them... but it is to you. Go for the cheapest.

She is a mortgage broker...

Hi Casaguy...This contact IS a mortgage broker...that's the beauty of it.

Yes it is for a new Building (West Harbour City, Phase 1) which is closing in December and they've guaranteed the rate for me until then...:)

I'd be hesitant in expecting WHC to register in December. They still have two cranes in that phase and poured another podium floor this morning.

The municipal workers strike is also working against that optimistic registration date.

Perhaps you meant occupancy?

A bank can hold the promised rate for 18 months I believe. A broker ususally only 2 or 3 months.

That said, I still find it odd that this TD employee is free to find her clients better rates with other banks. Seems a little odd. TD doesn't mind? ... Or is this broker gig something she does on the side?

Mortgage broker is terrific...

Yes I mean occupancy...They're already put in kitchens up to the 10th floor... She got me the best rate above all the rates I found researching myself. So regardless she really works for her customers. I just wanted to share this information so others could have the benefit as well. :)

Wanted to help other purchasers...

I am aware that closing is not occupancy. She does go to the TD manager to extend the normal holding time beyond the 120 days. But she has an excellent working relationship with different banks and credit unions and always comes up with the best rate. Get your best rate and give her a call and see if she can do better for you. It doesn't cost you anything and could save you some real money!!

Let us know if she holds it past December and into June/July when you'll probably need the mortgage - if she does that, her number goes straight into my speed dial!

Back