629     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 410     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 220     0 

Monorail for Toronto

The ring came off my pudding can.
Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear it's Springfield's only choice...
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!

Also there's the human powered monorail that saves on energy since it relies on people power and gives the passengers an exercize at the same time.

header.jpg

Read More: http://www.shweeb.co.nz/

http://www.shweeb.co.nz/Presentation/Presentation1.aspx?IDType=2190

Intro.gif

Towers.gif
network.gif
Stations.gif
terminus.gif

To answer the question earlier, they do have bendable monorail tracks. They use them for switches.

I think monorail is definitely the way to go. Look at all the cities that have built monorails. Seattle just built a new line! They accidentally built it as LRT though. Oh well, there are always little administrative errors. I'm sure they'll get it right next time. Maybe they'll put monorails running down the middle of all the streets!

There are lots of great models of monorail to choose from as well! And when use a proprietary system we don't have to bother with all the administration of open tenders for vehicle replacement!

Here's a photo of monorail at it's finest. I would recommend the model on the left in this photograph. Having soft and cuddly public transport is greatly underestimated in this city. People won't leave the soft seats in their cars to move around in a box! No wonder transit is in such a hole in Toronto.

monorail_cat-350.jpg

Last edited:
Come on guys, if you can't think of anything intelligent to say, whether pro or con Monorail, then please don't say it.
I will never understand the aversion to Monorail as its a proven technology {just ask Wuppertal} and is used extensively through out the world. It works great in all climates and is very affordable. Toronto's transit woes will continue if all it can come up with atgrade streetcars or subways that they think have to be tunneled in the burbs. It is this kind of thinking that has slowed Toronto's rapid transit construction to a pathetic crawl. Although they are being built in Japan, Seoul, and Sao Paulo and what do they know about mass transit?................silly me.

Come on guys, if you can't think of anything intelligent to say, whether pro or con Monorail, then please don't say it.
I will never understand the aversion to Monorail as its a proven technology {just ask Wuppertal} and is used extensively through out the world. It works great in all climates and is very affordable. Toronto's transit woes will continue if all it can come up with atgrade streetcars or subways that they think have to be tunneled in the burbs. It is this kind of thinking that has slowed Toronto's rapid transit construction to a pathetic crawl. Although they are being built in Japan, Seoul, and Sao Paulo and what do they know about mass transit?................silly me.

http://www.aspergers.ca/

Back