News   Aug 09, 2024
 997     2 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 763     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 3.4K     2 

MLSE paints illegal sidewalk ads

for some reason most advertising of corporate sports franchises bugs me... visual pollution to my eyes. I hated the blue Leafs logos painted outside the ACC. As I mentioned in that other thread, I find it disturbing that you can get a custom Ontario license plate for your car that carries any of the Leafs/Raptors/Bluejays logos. Nothing screams "white trash" like them.
The plates are subtle enough. It's the big #3 stickers that scream white trash IMO... along with Leaf window flags in August.

Damn, and here I've been waiting for them to start issuing TFC-crested licence plates so I could get one, but apparently, that would make me "white trash".

Damn, you learn something new every day. Can I take a pass as "euro trash" instead, oh pretty please?

What was entertaining was the Star's token spiteful woman columnist to rant and rave about the city - as if they wouldn't have demanded the cleanup if they were able to get some money out of it.

Rosie's take (if you want to waste 10 minutes of your life).

What I find hilarious is how Metro (the supermarket) puts up the posters claiming that they are a proud sponsor of the Laffs. Why does one profitable corporation need "sponsorship" from other corporations? If they proclaimed that they were a proud sponsor of a worthy charity or a not-for-profit venture (ie the Santa Claus Parade) that would make more sense.

Two or three versions of this followed the MLSE sidewalk ads. I have no idea what it means. They can be found all along Yonge Street, Church Street and most likely elsewhere.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

A mere web search reveals that they are ads for a Jay-Z song. It's major label music advertising now looking to commercialize sidewalks. Coldplay's Viva la Vida album was also advertised in this lowly way around the U of T campus a year ago I think.

What was entertaining was the Star's token spiteful woman columnist to rant and rave about the city - as if they wouldn't have demanded the cleanup if they were able to get some money out of it.

Rosie's take (if you want to waste 10 minutes of your life).

What I find hilarious is how Metro (the supermarket) puts up the posters claiming that they are a proud sponsor of the Laffs. Why does one profitable corporation need "sponsorship" from other corporations? If they proclaimed that they were a proud sponsor of a worthy charity or a not-for-profit venture (ie the Santa Claus Parade) that would make more sense.

Oh my lord.

Does anyone know where Rosie DiManno lives? Let's go spray paint her property, since she thinks so highly of vandalism.

..for some reason most advertising of corporate sports franchises bugs me... visual pollution to my eyes...

I agree. Another obnoxious (and ongoing) practice by MLSE is to spray paint the sky with their stupid searchlights, as if it's their own domain. "Look at me! Look at me!" It's about as welcome as the jerk next door who plays loud music disturbing neighbours.

I agree. Another obnoxious (and ongoing) practice by MLSE is to spray paint the sky with their stupid searchlights, as if it's their own domain. "Look at me! Look at me!" It's about as welcome as the jerk next door who plays loud music disturbing neighbours.

What a party pooper.

Spotted at Dundas and University:

4167875337_0133cb6aae.jpg

More Sidewalk Ads

Thanks to MLSE this idea has really caught on. A few more that I spotted today

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back