News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

miWay Transit

If you don't mind, I would just like to as a question regarding transfer between MiWay and the TTC.

I was coming home today from centennial Park, on the border of Toronto and Mississauga. I walked to Burnhamthorpe to catch the 26 bus at a TTC stop, however the bus zoomed straight past me? Does Mississauga Transit stop at TTC stops whilst traveling in Toronto and vice versa? I know Brampton Transit used to do it with the old 77 route in York region..

Heading into Toronto, the bus will stop at any TTC stop normally, but heading back to Mississauga the bus will not stop at TTC stop with no MT sign unless you wave to the bus driver.

Yeah they definitely DO pick up riders on the ride back into Mississauga. They won't pick up anyone as soon as they hit the Toronto boundary, but they will drop off.

Maybe doady is right, you need to wave at them to get picked up.

Mississauga bus drivers will assume that you're waiting for a TTC bus. Many people who rant outrageously, madly and psychotically about MT buses passing them by don't wave to the bus driver or don't even know that rule.

I see a lot of people putting their dirty finger when they get bypassed at the Malls (West Mall and East Mall) when they didn't even wave at the first place.

Last edited:
You ""MUST"" wave your hand to flag down a MT bus leaving Toronto at all TTC stops, including the stops mark for MT, otherwise they will not stop. You can do this at places where there isn't a TTC stop also, but very few drives will pick you up there.

Starting Monday, July 18, 2011 to Friday, August 5, 2011, routes 8, 61, and 26 will be on detour for Duke of York from Rathburn to Prince of Wales Drive. Those buses will use Living Arts Dr between those roads and it will add a few more minutes in travel time.

The first of 4 traffic circles is been built at Sq One Dr. All the other intersections Between Rathburn and Burnhamthorpe will be converted to traffic circles also.

I believe the plan is still in place to reduce Duke of York from 2 lanes to 1 lanes in each direction. All the trees and shrubs including flowers have been removed from the centre planters as they are to be replace under the new plan.

City Centre Drive, between Duke of York Boulevard and Living Arts Drive will not reopen until Monday, September 19, 2011.

MT is posting coming changes to routes like the cutting of the 101 and adding 202 on Sat for the May changes. That is something new as they have never done it before. Long over due.

Yeah they definitely DO pick up riders on the ride back into Mississauga. They won't pick up anyone as soon as they hit the Toronto boundary, but they will drop off.

Yeah, if you are in Toronto and trying to go east, buses will not stop for at all, no matter how much you wave. Even if they stop they won't let you on the bus, thanks to Toronto's ban on 905 transit.

Yeah, if you are in Toronto and trying to go east, buses will not stop for at all, no matter how much you wave. Even if they stop they won't let you on the bus, thanks to Toronto's ban on 905 transit.

Last July, a female senior with her walker waited along Rexdale Blvd. (at Highway 27) in 42-degree weather without a bus shelter. She wanted to take the 11 Westwood bus to Islington. I felt bad for her. Because she waved, she had her MT senior ticket and the driver didn't let her in due to the TTC's ban. Not only that, also TTC's 37A doesn't stop there.

TTC's ban can have lethal consequences. She might have had heat stroke in that weather. I don't know what happened to her. :(

May 16 service changes posted:
http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/servicechanges

The Saturday frequency of 5 Dixie is only being increased to 23 minutes, due to increased running times. Kind of disappointing. New 18 minute and 20 minute midday frequnecies for 16/16A and 36 respectively.Reduced frequency for 9 on weekdays due to increased running times, and one canceled late night trip.

19/19A/202 on Saturdays isn't much of a change overall, except for Brampton riders.

May 16 service changes posted:
http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/miway/servicechanges

The Saturday frequency of 5 Dixie is only being increased to 23 minutes, due to increased running times. Kind of disappointing. New 18 minute and 20 minute midday frequnecies for 16/16A and 36 respectively.Reduced frequency for 9 on weekdays due to increased running times, and one canceled late night trip.

19/19A/202 on Saturdays isn't much of a change overall, except for Brampton riders.

They missed mentioning the reduced frequency of 110 during morning rush hours as the 7.5 minute frequency becomes 15 for summer school students.

Can't imagine how Brampton riders will react as their bus to Square One goes from 8 mins to 25 mins. 202 will benefit the minority of Brampton riders going to Cooksville or Port Credit or just wanting a faster ride. The stop at Robert Speck is too far for seniors and families with carriages to walk to (Square One's Wal-Mart entrance).

Last edited:
'E-bus' visits Mississauga
Staff photo by Fred Loek
2An electric battery-powered bus — the "E-bus" — that could one day be a staple of public transit is on display in Mississauga.
A Canadian prototype of the bus, made by Clarkson-based East Wind Group and Canadian Rail Collision and Refurbish Inc., will be at an industrial unit at 1175 Meyerside Dr., Unit #8, tomorrow through Friday and from May 24-26, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. each day.
MiWay (formerly Mississauga Transit) and other municipal transit authorities will be on hand Wednesday to view the prototype.
"For the first time in Canada you will be able to view this cost-effective, sophisticated E-bus," said East Wind Group president Dave Owen, who hopes Canada's transportation industry will soon buy into the new technology.
East Wind Group and Chinese technology and auto manufacturer Build Your Dreams (BYD) are working together to bring the bus to Canada, Owen said.
BYD has developed long-life batteries that are environmentally friendly and can power the E-bus for more than 300 kilometres on a single charge, Owen added.
lrosella@mississauga.net

http://www.mississauga.com/news/business/a...its-mississauga

p_up.gif

Last July, a female senior with her walker waited along Rexdale Blvd. (at Highway 27) in 42-degree weather without a bus shelter. She wanted to take the 11 Westwood bus to Islington. I felt bad for her. Because she waved, she had her MT senior ticket and the driver didn't let her in due to the TTC's ban. Not only that, also TTC's 37A doesn't stop there.

TTC's ban can have lethal consequences. She might have had heat stroke in that weather. I don't know what happened to her. :(

Really pathetic that it would take the negative publicity of a senior's death to get the TTC to review its policies on regional transit.

Free Public Tours

When: Monday, May 16 to Thursday, May 19, 2011
Tours start at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.

Where: Engineering and Works Facility
3185 Mavis Road (south of Burnhamthorpe Road)

City Centre Transit Terminal (Square One, south of Rathburn Road)
200 Rathburn Road West

What: Visit traffic control headquarters, and discover how street signs are made. Get a behind-the-scenes look at how a bus farebox works when it processes MiWay tickets and coins.

They missed mentioning the reduced frequency of 110 during morning rush hours as the 7.5 minute frequency becomes 15 for summer school students.

Can't imagine how Brampton riders will react as their bus to Square One goes from 8 mins to 25 mins. 202 will benefit the minority of Brampton riders going to Cooksville or Port Credit or just wanting a faster ride. The stop at Robert Speck is too far for seniors and families with carriages to walk to (Square One's Wal-Mart entrance).

It's from 8 to 16 minutes for Shoppers-Square One service on the 19 (the 202 doesn't service Square One). 16 minutes probably isn't a big deal with articulated buses, especially combined with the 202. Back in 2005, when they reduced it to 16 minutes in midday, it caused huge overcrowding problems because it was 40 foot buses, and there was no 202. I think it is good to give riders a way to bypass Square One altogether but the 25 minute headway kind of undermines the time savings. 202 is a good route but it needs to have frequency competitive with the 19 to have real benefit.

Really pathetic that it would take the negative publicity of a senior's death to get the TTC to review its policies on regional transit.

In the TTC's eyes, and in many UT forumer's eyes, Toronto residents never have to travel to the 905. That's why you have people here calling for local BRT on Finch and ignoring the fact that the 36 terminates at the Mississauga border, a mere 1.2 km away from the Westwood Mall bus terminal. Regional transit doesn't matter. Anyone who suggest improving regional transit connections should be mocked and ridiculed.

It's from 8 to 16 minutes for Shoppers-Square One service on the 19 (the 202 doesn't service Square One).

When I last checked the schedule, every third 19A is a 19. 19A alternates between 8 and 16 mins, while 19 is every 25 minutes (same with 202), with an even frequency of 12.5 minutes at Shoppers World.

When I last checked the schedule, every third 19A is a 19. 19A alternates between 8 and 16 mins, while 19 is every 25 minutes (same with 202), with an even frequency of 12.5 minutes at Shoppers World.

Err, wow. Okay. Riders living along Britannia northward just got screwed.

I was looking at the new #3 service schedule and where are the 5.5 minutes buses at peak time????

Other than a few spots, buses are still running every 8-9 minutes at peak time. The spin doctors are at it again.

As for the 19, here some times from SW for Sat May 21 and real great headway. I can see running every 2nd one north, but not the 3rd.
12:03 PM 12:28 PM 12:53 PM 1:18 PM 1:43 PM 2:08 PM 2:33 PM 2:58 PM 3:23 PM 3:48 PM 4:13 PM

Once again, the clueless planners and schedulers prove they need a real job since they are sooooo out of touch what riders want and need for ""CAR CITY"" :mad: :mad:

Back