News   Sep 11, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Sep 11, 2024
 846     0 
News   Sep 11, 2024
 552     0 

Mississauga's Cooksville urban vision over the next 20 years

This is what the City of Mississauga's Mapping tool shows, the shaded green is acquired for parkland:

View attachment 584574

That mapping tool is here, btw: https://ext.maps.mississauga.ca/Html5Viewer/index.html?viewer=eMaps.HTML5

Six more core parcels to go according to this; and then more for growth.
Thanks for the link.

Based on the evidence, I think we can safely say that that data set is out of date.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 12.10.32 AM.png
Exhibit 1: 2513 Shepard still shows as not part of the part, whereas the city bylaw shows that it was purchased, and my photo shows it's boarded up.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 at 12.07.18 AM.png
Exhibit 2: Based on my pictures, we can see that 76 Paisley and 24 Paisley are blocked up with City of Mississauga "No Trespassing" signs, so it seems like they must have been acquired at some point? Or is that too much of a leap without the backup of a bylaw (I searched for a bylaw like 2513 Shepard, but didn't see one on an initial Google search).

Thanks for the link.

Based on the evidence, I think we can safely say that that data set is out of date.

View attachment 584779Exhibit 1: 2513 Shepard still shows as not part of the part, whereas the city bylaw shows that it was purchased, and my photo shows it's boarded up.

View attachment 584781Exhibit 2: Based on my pictures, we can see that 76 Paisley and 24 Paisley are blocked up with City of Mississauga "No Trespassing" signs, so it seems like they must have been acquired at some point? Or is that too much of a leap without the backup of a bylaw (I searched for a bylaw like 2513 Shepard, but didn't see one on an initial Google search).

A by-law is not necessary for a voluntary purchase, assuming that purchase is budgeted for within staff's authorities.

A by-law is required for rezoning, absent an MZO.

The city been going after these homes as they are in a flood zone and tired of dealing with the aftermath when flooding take place for the home owners.

Back