News   May 02, 2024
 164     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 219     0 

Mississauga City Tour (Survey) Hosted by FutureMayor

F

FutureMayor

Mississauga City Tour

I’ve promised a tour of Mississauga to many members on this board, and I thought that I would begin planning for a spring tour by asking for your input on what you might want to see.

I will do my best to be flexible and offer different versions of the tour at various time so the maximum number of board members will be able to participate.

I look forward to your responses!

Yours for an even better GTA,

Louroz

1. Would you be interested in taking a tour of Mississauga?

Yes or no?

Proposed Date: Friday, May 23, 2003 (Friday before Victoria Day Long Weekend)

2. Would the above date work for you?
If no, what day of the week would be better for you?

3. How long would you prefer the tour to go on?

Half day?, full day?, morning, afternoon, or evening?

4. Would you be willing to pay $5 - $10 to help cover pre arranged transportation cost?

Yes or no?

5. Place a (*) beside each site you would be interested in seeing:

(_)Meadowvale Business Park including Royal Bank Towers

(_)Erin Meadows Community (New Urban Design Community) including Erin Mills Town Centre and Credit Valley Hospital

(_)Streetsville - Historic Queen Street

(_)Heartland Business Community including School Board Headquarters, The Hershey Centre, Entertainment Centrum and Power Centre.

(_)University of Toronto at Mississauga Campus including Mansions of Mississauga Road.

(_)Mississauga City Centre – Civic Buildings, Square One, Transit Terminal, Kariya Japanese Park, and various Condo Sites.

(_) Mississauga Transit Headquarters and Garage

(_)Port Credit Village including Lighthouse and Marina

(_)Mississauga Chinese Cultural Centre including Dundas Street Retail District

(_)Airport Business Centre including new Pearson International Airport Terminal

6. Would you be interested in taking a side tour to downtown Brampton?

Yes or no?

7. Place a (*) beside each social activity you would be interested in seeing:

(_)Meeting with Mayor, members of City Council, and/or staff from planning development.

(_)Visit selected Carassauga Festival sites

(_)A round of GO Karts at Playdium

(_)Dinner/drinks and cruising at “Dicks†bar and grille or at “On the Curve†or at “Crocodile Rock†or at “Club 108.â€

8. Other suggestions and ideas?

Thank you!

Hi
Futuremayor. I will leave it up to you. I am sure you will give a great tour. I would be up to maybe paying a little for the tour.

Just not to much shopping malls. Lets focus on the street areas like Streetsville.

But the rest I will leave to you.

FutureMayor, that tour sounds great.

To answer some questions:

1) Obvious answer
2) So far so good
3) Full day sounds good, depends on what we do, and how much 'free time' we get. Depends.
4) Absolutely.
5) The main things I wanna see are: The City Centre area, any areas more urban in nature, and possibly the U of T campus
6) Maybe... depends. I'm not against it.
7) Go karting sounds like fun, dinner at anyplace good sounds good, meeting with important people might be interesting... hmm, what will I wear. :b
8) I trust the schedule unto you.

I wouldn't bother karting at Playdium, the karts are so slow that you can keep your foot down through every corner, and you aren't allowed to race, which seems to me to rather be missing the point.

Your much better to head up to 410 and Steeles to race at FormulaKartways (ten minute drive from Playdium). The cars are fast, the track tight, and the racing aggressive. Me and my friends used to go there every other week before I moved. We still go whenever I come back to town.

Future how do you propose to get these people around the city? Good 'ol Mississauga transit? Rent a bus? lol...

What the hell, I'm in. Sounds like fun!

Will you be providing more details on this (where, when, how)?

Do you need info from me?

Back