News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.2K     0 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 4.1K     3 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Mississauga Celebration Square Redevelopment (CS&P Architects) COMPLETE

I truly wish they didn't do that whole media wall thing along Burnhamthrope - it's almost like putting the back of house on a main arterial.

AoD

They said the waterfall was a barrier, but I think the stage is an even bigger barrier. The stage should have been put on the north or east end. They want to make Burnhamthorpe look like an avenue at some point, and this stage is not going to help with that look.

Some new signage...
20100724a059.jpg

MCC is getting too many squares and parks. How many does it need in such a small area? Sounds like the City is falling into the Towers-in-the-park trap again.

MCC is getting too many squares and parks. How many does it need in such a small area? Sounds like the City is falling into the Towers-in-the-park trap again.

Other than Celebration Square (Civic and Library now being combined into one and very much needed), what other squares are you referring to?

Other than the Mississauga Valley District (DOWNTOWN21 which calls for added density virtually eliminating some of tower-in-the-park areas), the only MCC parks are Kariya Park and Zontas Meadows. Zontas Meadows is actually connected to a school however it will eventually hook-up with Parkside Village Park (new) and then MCC Common (new) which will be surrounded by 20K+ of new residents. The only other new park, that's on the books, will be College Green located on the Sheridan Campus. I don't count the green strip along Burnhamthorpe a park but rather a green belt.

I can assure you, after attending many forums, open houses, etc., the Tower-in-the-park concept is dead, that trap has been dismantled and burned:)

Not to mention the likely DOZENS of buildings that have been/are going to be built in MCC.

And it's unlikely that, over time, the current boundaries of MCC are going to stay where they are. I can see the existing areas around MCC being pulled into the fold (i.e. Cooksville).

Wow, Toronto and Missy now seem to be in direct competition with each other over who will be first to finish their snazzy new city squares. Wonder who will win this exciting new (civic) space race?

(My money's on Missy.)

Back