News   May 31, 2024
 221     3 
News   May 31, 2024
 870     1 
News   May 31, 2024
 698     0 

Minto Skyy (1042 Broadview, Minto, 26s, P+S) COMPLETE

The building makes quite an impression down Mortimer, from as far east as Coxwell. East York seems to be one of the last communities to finally claim a glass box of its own.

I am hoping this is Minto Sky....flickr pic by Megger....interesting view of the downtown skyline from here...

This condo has to the be most under-represented of any project here at UT...

3591824365_8d07eb0df5_b.jpg

Fantastic shot.. love that tree canopy! :)

Heres another pic of the Skyy condo.

A mortgage broker and I have started up a blog at SKYY Condo.

We have more pics up there and will be putting up more info on the building as it goes up.

Attachments

• skycondooo.jpg
    skycondooo.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 358
August 2 2009 update

Minto Skyy standing out handsomely in its surroundings ~ ;)

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

10 January 2010 photo update

Sleepy thread here, but as I was enjoying a rather bland latte at Broadview Espresso Sunday afternoon (B E is very small, it was cold outside yet thanks to small space with lotsa sun exposure, I was sweating inside. Coffee there is boring, tea even worse--syrup base.), I scored an UT update.:) This building is ok, but really reminds me of a Vancouver-style condo. It certainly has amazing views of the westside and is in an interesting area that could easily see many more midrises go up this coming decade (or in the 2020's more likely.) The "ass end" of the building is problematic though--what could go there?

dsc02689i.jpg

dsc02684g.jpg

dsc02673x.jpg

I missed shot of the retail base thanks to an evil smelly TTC bus.:(

My sleepy former neighbourhood - used to live in that brick apartment building on the right in 1980. Immediately to the north of it, where that charmless beige office building stands, was an old house with a dog that barked all the time in a muddy yard with no lawn. Immediately to the south was a beer store. The taxidermist ( last one left in Toronto, I believe ) is just across the road. Mr. Guldener the shoe repair guy, also on the west side of Broadview, closed about 20 years ago.

Alas no, I was too busy buying beer, shouting at barking dogs, taking carcasses across the road to be stuffed and having my Dack shoes repaired to record any of it.

You should venture east of Yonge Street to take photos more often, urbandreamer!

Back