News   May 06, 2024
 473     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Microsoft conference

vatche

Member Bio
Reaction score
How did the conference do in the city? Was is palpable in the streets of Toronto. Supposedly it was huge!!

It's Microsoft...about as palpable as Windows Mobile 6.5 :)

Anyways snide remark aside, it did make some waves in the media since Ballmer announced Win8 will be available this October during the conference, and I've noticed a few clearly MS-related folks in the city.

AoD

Not sure how accurate but I heard that the whole conference froze part way during day 1 and will be re-released ast Microsoft-Toronto 1.2 in the fall.

I got a little bit of work out of having the conference in Toronto. I did notice a delegates having events all over King St. W. It was a nice little boost on the local economy. More of these please :)

I got a little bit of work out of having the conference in Toronto. I did notice a delegates having events all over King St. W. It was a nice little boost on the local economy. More of these please :)

On Wednesday night it was a lovely evening so I walked from BMO Field back to my office downtown after the match. I was struck by how busy/alive King Street was. I know that it is normally a busy stretch but this was out of the ordinary busy for a Wednesday night.....that sort of buzz/activity is why convention business is so important to the city.

Back