5.7K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.2K     3 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-30-00-28-08.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-30-00-28-08.png
    659.9 KB · Views: 325
It looks like there are readers on both sides.
So I guess the intention is to eventually go with distance based travel?

None of the Presto machines are on wheelchair/stroller entrances. Do they assume that parents/caregivers or people in wheelchairs don't use Presto?

None of the Presto machines are on wheelchair/stroller entrances. Do they assume that parents/caregivers or people in wheelchairs don't use Presto?

Correct

Jks
Yea they should either roll out the new gates faster or put an old style reader beside the wheelchair entrances (for the manually opening gates)

Was there discussion on how the 60 initial gates are going to be distributed? I assume the extension subways will get them first? They will certainly need hundreds if not thousands of gates to equip the whole network.

Was there discussion on how the 60 initial gates are going to be distributed? I assume the extension subways will get them first? They will certainly need hundreds if not thousands of gates to equip the whole network.
They are saying 2016 for completion of the new fare gates implementation. That should overlap with phase 2 presto for subway stations. I wonder if they'll just install the new gates in the phase 2 stations instead.

No there was no discussion how the first 60 gates will be roll out that was said public.

The current access gate will remain until all 1,000 gates are roll out. The winners will be the ones who currently cant use the automated entrance/exit. Anyone with bikes, strollers, luggage and other ideas will be allow to use them both ways with the new gates there.

The family pass is a huge issue as the Presto system (surprise, no surprise) is unable to do it.

Children between 6-12 will be require to have a Presto Card that will read zero fare until they turn 13th at which point it will charge the student fare. Not sure what will happen to kids under 6 at this time.

Day pass will stop collection fare after X dollars are collected. Monthly pass will be added to your card or phone for the readers. Not sure about the weekly one and it most likely be X riders limit to stop collecting fare.

By 2017, it hope that full fare integration is in place.

All streetcars and buses will retain the existing fare box until there is a way of eliminating cash fare. I am assuming Presto transfer machines will be at the front door for cash fare. Had to leave the meeting before it was over to asked a number of questions with transfers being one of them.

All streetcars will be POP come Jan 1st 2016 and they will have 3 readers on them. Buses and stations to be done by Jan 1 2017.

511, 509, 510 are POP now.

Interesting...

How about single ride tickets? Are they going to sell them by machine at the stations so that they can be read by the readers at the gates?

In addition to single ride passes, it would be nice if you could get a paper (temporary) pass for day passes, 3 or 7 day passes, like they have in other cities for tourists & visitors.

Back