News   Jul 15, 2024
 589     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 748     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 599     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

If one accepts that Miller would have beaten Ford handily (debatable IMO), then he deserves to take far more heat for not running.

He was still a hypothetical contender. He was not able to even enter the race at that point then. He was an idea in peoples minds, not a candidate with a platform engaged in debates with other candidates.

If you want the 2014 chronological-equivalent-stage corollary for Miller's hypothetical-contenderness in 2010, it wouldn't have been Olivia Chow, it would have been Rob (*not* Doug) Ford.

If one accepts that Miller would have beaten Ford handily (debatable IMO), then he deserves to take far more heat for not running.

Come to think of it, the same goes for John Tory (in 2010, that is).

For that matter, one wonders how 2010 might have turned out had John Tory been in there together w/all or some combination of Ford & Smitherman & Pants. (And *please*, don't use Sarah Thomson as a benchmark, even if Tory's spawn helped her out.)

Calculate again...only this time factor in actual tax dollars collected from Toronto vs ROO, then factor in what percentage of social housing Toronto has to accommodate vs ROO.

We should get all of it, but we are still happy to share with the rest of the ingrates in ROO.

You are seriously discrediting yourself here.

Just thought I'd point that out so you could maybe not. You know...I'm doing you a favour. :)

Also, it doesn't really sound like you're "still happy to share" anything with anyone. The very tone of your statement gives the lie to your claim.

In any case, Miller is a historical figure now, really. So is Ford (soon enough, literally). Does Miller's ability or inability to run a proper budget at all matter in the current context? Does Ford matter at all?

I wonder what reason miller had for not running. Of course, that's assuming that his family reasons were a convenient excuse.

If he had run, perhaps Toronto's progress would not have been stalled for four years.

You are seriously discrediting yourself here.

This was not an exercise in trying to gain credit.

The very tone of your statement gives the lie to your claim.

I thought it was obvious that I wasn't trying to hide it?? I've learned it's much more fun to play into the role of the evil Torontonian.
**insert Trudeau salute here**

Does Miller's ability or inability to run a proper budget at all matter in the current context? Does Ford matter at all?

Depends if you want history to repeat itself or not.

I wonder what reason miller had for not running. Of course, that's assuming that his family reasons were a convenient excuse.

What...16 years of municipal service not enough for you?

If he had run, perhaps Toronto's progress would not have been stalled for four years.

100% of the blame lies with the obviously stupid electorate.

Depends if you want history to repeat itself or not.
No, I do not. At all.
Though this is happening in its own way in spite of my best attempts at optimism given the nature of Stephen Hitler's push for control what with his manufactured enemies that we so badly need "protecting" from.

Way off topic.

That John Tory is a great breath of fresh air after that last lump of a mayor we suffered, eh?

Though this is happening in its own way in spite of my best attempts at optimism given the nature of Stephen Hitler's push for control what with his manufactured enemies that we so badly need "protecting" from.

Give the Hitler rhetoric a permanent rest.

Will do. As I said, it's terribly off-topic. I just really don't like power hungry Dear Leaders and manufactured existential threats.
Besides, that was a typo...my subconscious mind. Gotta stop doing that.

Back