News   Apr 19, 2024
 3K     1 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

The fact countries that permit its use have higher rape stats probably comes down to many other factors.
And pepper spray doesnt just prevent some rapes, it also sometimes will prevent common assaults and murders

You keep making statements for which you have no evidence.

The fact that you 'feel' something is true does not make it so.

Your statements contradict the evidence, will be weighed accordingly.

For the record, I consider your views dangerous and likely to promote violence.

I carry a Fox 40 whistle. Works at the touch of a button and easy to position so you don’t have to go digging for it. Very loud and definitely gets attention. It was given to me by a friend who was worried about my long solo jaunts. So far, I have only used it for aggressive Canada Geese.

You keep making statements for which you have no evidence.

The fact that you 'feel' something is true does not make it so.

Your statements contradict the evidence, will be weighed accordingly.

For the record, I consider your views dangerous and likely to promote violence
I consider ligthing women on fire on the TTC subway much more dangerous

I consider ligthing women on fire on the TTC subway much more dangerous

Your continued misrepresentation of the facts and needless inflammatory posts leave me no choice but to place you on ignore; additionally, however, if I become aware of any further posts of this type I will adopt a zero tolerance take to report them and to seek your removal from Urban Toronto.

Your continued misrepresentation of the facts and needless inflammatory posts leave me no choice but to place you on ignore; additionally, however, if I become aware of any further posts of this type I will adopt a zero tolerance take to report them and to seek your removal from Urban Toronto
Are you for real??!! I was just having a debate
I cant help it if you are so weak-skinned that you cant handle differing opinions.

I have carefully laid out my argument for legalizing pepper spray.
All you have done is call me a troll.

If only 2 or 3 lives are saved every year then legalizing is worth it.
Your stance so far has been no its not worth saving a few lives, and pepper spray promotes violence.
No, its prevents violence you genius. Thats why the product was invented in the first place.

Have nice day

Are you for real??!! I was just having a debate
I mean, you're really not.
You've been provided evidence to the contrary to all the claims you've made, and responded with more imagined realities.
That's not a debate. The argument "it might save one life" is emotional nonsense. Plenty of things are illegal and legal that could save or end someone's life.
Saving a life isn't the bar for a rational policy. Especially when it's doubtful based on the evidence presented.

I mean, you're really not.
You've been provided evidence to the contrary to all the claims you've made, and responded with more imagined realities.
That's not a debate. The argument "it might save one life" is emotional nonsense. Plenty of things are illegal and legal that could save or end someone's life.
Saving a life isn't the bar for a rational policy. Especially when it's doubtful based on the evidence presented.
He has posted what he thinks is evidence.
Just because some countries with legal pepper spray have higher rape rates than Canada means nothing.
The only way you can measure it is if you legalize pepper spray in Canada and then see if murder, assault and rapes go down.
Comparing Canada to other countries is the absolute dumbest argument you can bring to the table.

Here's some more examples where pepper spray has saved lives:

He has posted what he thinks is evidence.
It is. Unless you have something to the contrary other than a handful of news reports, or data that suggests otherwise.
But you have nothing so your argument is entirely "what if", which isn't even an argument to bring to the table, let alone the dumbest.
And the "if" doesn't justify or make a compelling case to legalize a weapon.

It is. Unless you have something to the contrary other than a handful of news reports, or data that suggests otherwise
As I told you before, saving even one life would be worth legalizing pepper spray.
And clearly in the links I posted lives were saved.
Not sure why you're having problems understanding this. Then again, maybe I shouldnt be surprised.

Even Alberta's justice minister wants to see it legalized: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-ottawa-kaycee-madu-lisa-silver-jason-kenney-1.6111830

Back