News   Jul 16, 2024
 319     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 619     2 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Anything can happen, scandalous behaviour is not just for the substance abusing misogynist; it's not looking good though so far.

? I realize you're not a JT supporter or even fan... but maybe give him a shot before pronouncing him a failure and a scandalous one at that one week in...

Last edited:
? I realize you're not a JT supporter or even fan... but maybe give him a shot before pronouncing him a failure and a scandalous one at that one week in...

Huh? Evidently you have misread my comment or I was confusing some way. My answer to pud99 was to mean that anything can happen but it doesn't look good so far for Tory's forum to exceed Robbie's since Tory has already given the air of competency.

Just like Robbie he is the mayor of Toronto and my mayor. If he fraks up then I will criticize him as a voter should, that's democracy. I don't prejudge, I may have voted for him or not but the important thing is if he does his job properly. The past is the past, I'm interested in the now, and if Tory proves he can get the job done then I'll support him. For the record, Robbie proved to a shitty mayor well beyond his personal problems.

Maybe you should scrutinize your realizations a little more.

Anything can happen, scandalous behaviour is not just for the substance abusing misogynist; it's not looking good though so far.

Recall the Jacobek, Tie Domi, Lyons, MFP mess - and how everyone seem to have suffered from amnesia about key events.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/jakobek-told-official-to-shun-mfp-probe/article1167514/

AoD

Ah yes thanks. Classic political chicanery. Lying and lining pockets of friends. So pedestrian, his wikipedia entry does not even have a controversy subject line. Dare I say it. His transgressions seem almost Canadian compared to the frods.

Ah yes thanks. Classic political chicanery. Lying and lining pockets of friends. So pedestrian, his wikipedia entry does not even have a controversy subject line. Dare I say it. His transgressions seem almost Canadian compared to the frods.

I doubt Tory will swoop to that level - though it is always prudent to be vigilant, especially towards people around him.

PS: It should refer to Dash instead of Tie Domi.

AoD

Not about JT, but...

Seniors claim they're banned from city-funded club for not supporting councillor

A petition has gone to the city’s integrity commissioner on behalf of a group of Toronto seniors that says they've been kicked out of a city-funded community club because they don't support their local councillor, Giorgio Mammoliti.

Some area residents refer to the North Islington Seniors Club as "George's club." Several told CBC News the club held events supporting Mammoliti during the recent municipal election campaign. One of them was a barbecue where residents said they saw Mammoliti's election signs prominently displayed.

Just like Robbie he is the mayor of Toronto and my mayor. If he fraks up then I will criticize him as a voter should, that's democracy. I don't prejudge, I may have voted for him or not but the important thing is if he does his job properly. The past is the past, I'm interested in the now, and if Tory proves he can get the job done then I'll support him. .

Ditto

Okay, so is anyone else buying this line that calls for Mukherjee's resignation are a 'smear campaign' by the union? Considering there are force reductions on the horizon, and all the fuss is over a Facebook post, I think it has some merit.

Yep, wouldn't surprise me, and I think it just bad taste for JT to wade into the issue considering his own choice comments about the role of women. Oh and yes, the whole Blue Wall of Silence thing.

AoD

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
Cllr Giorgio Mammoliti declares a conflict of interest on the council item over his legal fees #TOpoli

No surprise.

John Tory declares a conflict on liquor license item b/c it includes Real Sports bar (which Rogers has an investment in) #TOpoli

As expected.

Mayor John Tory has a 9:30 a.m. media availability Friday #TOpoli
Ann Hui @annhui
John Tory doing a 9:30 a.m. media availability at City Hall. After that, he's going to Etobicoke to continue his tour of civic centres

Last edited:
BUMP:

Jennifer Pagliaro
@jpags
Mayor John Tory met with PM Stephen Harper this evening, leaving early from council. Same day Premier Kathleen Wynne again requested meet

Less than two weeks in and he has already met with Wynne and Harper.

Of course, Harper won't meet with Wynne...

Last edited:

Back