News   Jul 16, 2024
 126     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 282     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1K     3 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Regarding Matlow, I'm not too surprised to see him on the periphery. Matlow prides himself on being independent-minded and would be unable to tow the Tory team's line without causing a kerfuffle.

A bit of noteworthy Matlow trivia here: his first significant bid for public office was as Ernie Eves' Liberal opponent in the Dufferin et al provincial byelection in 2002. Did well; came within 10 points or so. (And of course, once Ernie resigned, it was on behalf of...John Tory, in his only personal victory as PC leader.)

I'm trying to figure out if this forum is centre-left, left or far left.

I think it's 80% far left, 15% left, and 5% centre-left.

:cool:

Or could it be, that like Rob Ford, you're just so hard-core right, that to you, everyone's a lefty?

I like to think that it is hard core responsible government first, and left -right second.

I consider myself left-of-center and I was and still am supportive of John Tory mayoralty. I doubt that I am alone amongst left-of-center'ists.

If my position is used as a metric, then a significant portion of the forum is likely to the left of left-of-center. I do realize though that I am not the center of the universe. :p

sooo, who said no one would want "selfies" with Mayor Tory? ;)

@johntoryTO 2h
Enjoyed the 2nd annual Canadian Arab Institute Gala at Koerner Hall in #Toronto tonight #TOpoli
B4DpaKNCQAAjN8i.jpg

For what it's worth, I took this test on the Star website last week that concluded I was Heritage Right. I consider myself center-left, I've spent the last five years here offended by the very idea of idiot criminal Rob Ford as Mayor, so this shocked me. Heritage Right sounds like I should be collecting Nazi memorabilia There were a lot of what I considered leading statements that I moderated with slightly agree, slightly disagree or whatever the neutral option was, and maybe being moderate throws their calculations off. It stated that it made its conclusion based on my answers about global warming, which I don't deny is a concern, but which I'm perhaps not as worried or excited about as most young and leftist people. If I had been in Toronto at the time of the last election I would have voted for Tory, or if he had too much the stench of oblivious rich-kid Romneyism about him, maybe Morgan Baskin, because that kid was brave and sincere. For me, that concerning stench has wafted up from Tory with his picks for influential posts in his government. I don't know how many of my Heritage Right brotherhood feel the same.

Mammoliti won’t move from his council seat beside Toronto mayor unless Tory freezes property taxes

“I’ve had this seat for 15 years and it’s not going to go away without something in return, and so for me it’s about taxes,” said Mr. Mammoliti. “There’s probably a few hundred million dollars to save here at the city still before we raise taxes, so I can actually categorize it as perhaps the $300-million seat,” he said.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...r-unless-tory-agrees-to-four-year-tax-freeze/

Last edited:

Back