News   Aug 13, 2024
 913     1 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 476     0 
News   Aug 13, 2024
 683     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

1. Toronto has lowest property tax rates in the GTA, already.

2. Toronto has already underfunded too much. Services need to be funded properly to work better.
I’ll gladly volunteer to pay more property tax, if we get the services. I want roads that don’t look like a war zone, I want to see TPS on their feet, not in cars or on bikes or horses, but actually walking a beat (as they did until the 1980s), making connections with the public and shopowners, enforcing laws on littering, vandalism, public nuisance and intoxication. Like this Vancouver example. I want a graffiti task force, giving property owners a warning to clear up their space. I want separated bike paths connected across the city, with an end to orphan bike paths that arbitrarily stop and start. And build subways, stop talking about it.

This recording is almost two hours of Karygiannis directly policing residents or instructing the staffer, Kevin Haynes, on how to document possible bylaw infractions against people who didn't vote for him. After one interaction, Karygiannis says: “There’s a new sheriff in town.”

When asked by the then volunteer who made the recording what constitutes which houses they should not “bother”, Karygiannis says: “What constitutes if we don’t bother them? They vote for us, they’re volunteers and they donate money.”

Last edited:
This recording is almost two hours of Karygiannis directly policing residents or instructing the staffer, Kevin Haynes, on how to document possible bylaw infractions against people who didn't vote for him. After one interaction, Karygiannis says: “There’s a new sheriff in town.”

When asked by the then volunteer who made the recording what constitutes which houses they should not “bother”, Karygiannis says: “What constitutes if we don’t bother them? They vote for us, they’re volunteers and they donate money.”

What can one call this except corruption? An order to staff not to enforce laws against people who have given to/supported the politician.

What can one call this except corruption? An order to staff not to enforce laws against people who have given to/supported the politician.

And to think how hard this POS fought to regain his council seat upon justified removal. Just another right wing asshole with zero morals.

The locals will probably re-elect him even after this shameful example, because he's "their guy", and that's how our society works now - double down to defend the indefensible, just to stick it to the "lefties".

Democracy Watch has filed an integrity commissioner complaint against Karygiannis after this weekend's story.

As the Star article details, Councillor Karygiannis was recorded saying that he usually doesn’t report bylaw violations by people who volunteer, vote for or donate to him, and that he does report violations by non-supporters with “twice the pleasure.”

The preamble to the Code includes three statements of principle that “underline” the Code, including that members of Council should serve their constituents “conscientiously” and perform their functions with “integrity” and perform their duties “in a manner that promotes public confidence and will bear close public scrutiny.”

https://democracywatch.ca/democracy...rters-and-retaliation-against-non-supporters/

What can one call this except corruption?

Um, it has lots of other names in autocratic/kleptocratic/schizophrenic states.

Such as: Normal. Every day. At least I get fuel subsidies. Shut up or I'll snitch. *knock, knock, it's 3am*. But we can all afford IPads now! etc

Following provincial approval, thousands of unionized City of Toronto employees will be able to take job action or be locked out by the City before the end of February.

The City’s outside workers, which are made up of about 5,000 members of CUPE Local 416, have been without a contract since the end of 2019. Their jobs range from garbage and recycling collection east of Yonge Street, water treatment, road maintenance and snow clearing.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6538370/toronto-outside-workers-no-board-report/

Giorgio Mammoliti used to be NDP at the start of his political life. At the "end", he had turned to the "dark side" and tried to seek the (Progressive) Conservative nomination in Brampton Centre in 2018, but decided to try to remain in municipal politics. See link.

Back