News   Jul 16, 2024
 357     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 456     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

My sense (and this is just my opinion) that the pro Tory faction aren't as vehemently anti Chow whereas pro chow faction are pretty dismissive of Tory

THere's a pretty strong anti Tory sentiment on UT.
I don't think so. Some are just, whatever. He might be a bit right-wing, and he's got sordid history, however he's light-years ahead of Rob Ford, and should even do better than Mel Lastman.

He might be a bit right-wing, and he's got sordid history, however he's light-years ahead of Rob Ford, and should even do better than Mel Lastman.

My...we do like to set the bar low here in TO don't we.

And anybody who supported Rob Ford for mayor can't be "light years" ahead of Rob Ford.

And anybody who supported Rob Ford for mayor can't be "light years" ahead of Rob Ford.

Proof point.

I personally don't find any of John Tory's past all that sordid. I mean Chair of Civic Action! Host of Live Drive! Executive at Rogers! Call in the army.

Proof point.

I personally don't find any of John Tory's past all that sordid. I mean Chair of Civic Action! Host of Live Drive! Executive at Rogers! Call in the army.

I'm still waiting to see the old Civic Action Tory, instead of the right wing Tory.

I think setting the bar low is a pragmatic reaction to a recent incumbent taking the bar, and converting into a pole for his dancing strippers.

Well that was rather sordid, but I'm always an optimist, so I'll at least hope he's light years ahead.

I personally don't find any of John Tory's past all that sordid.
I'd think there are 3 or 4 other sordid events in his past - but I don't really think we need to get into that discussion again.

I'm still waiting to see the old Civic Action Tory, instead of the right wing Tory.

Maybe they're the same person.

Geez Louise, y'all. HE'S NOT MAYOR YET. HE HAS NOT HEADED UP A COUNCIL MEETING NOR APPOINTED ANYONE TO A COMMITTEE. Could we hold off the false judgements until he actually DOES something for y'all to rubbish?

Maybe they're the same person.

Geez Louise, y'all. HE'S NOT MAYOR YET. HE HAS NOT HEADED UP A COUNCIL MEETING NOR APPOINTED ANYONE TO A COMMITTEE. Could we hold off the false judgements until he actually DOES something for y'all to rubbish?

Well said! I don't think he will be a perfect mayor by any means, but there have already been improvements before he has taken office. He isn't interested in being a celebrity, unlike Rob.

Mr. Tory;

Please fund our public transit properly.

The last four years have been a disaster for the TTC. Underfunding has created shortages of buses and streetcars. The previous Mayor did not see it, because he did not take public transit on a regular basis, just for photo ops.

All levels of government should look at public transit as an asset that needs support. All levels should be using public transit as well, not just to have your photo taken at some ribbon cutting or sod turning.

Now its your turn.

Thank you,

CC: Ms. Wynne, Mr. Harper, and opposition leaders

I believe it was the agenda that was supported.

Ford's agenda was even worse than his personality. How does someone like Tory fall for something so blatantly stupid?
Might explain why Tory stole Ford's ideas about free subways.

Ford's agenda was even worse than his personality. How does someone like Tory fall for something so blatantly stupid?
Might explain why Tory stole Ford's ideas about free subways.

What free subways? Do you mean the province's already funded LRTs? Or the provinces already funded GO RER plans?

Back