News   Jul 15, 2024
 758     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 910     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 636     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

It's just another pro-Ford story.

It really is interesting, since the Sun endorsed Tory and after he won, went back to being pro-Ford.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
"That's a lot of abundance" Cllr Joe Mihevc declares conflict of interest on patio item for Victory Cafe because his daughter worked there

Wait, another councillor was mentioned?

It really is interesting, since the Sun endorsed Tory and after he won, went back to being pro-Ford.

What ever makes them money I guess.

Wait, another councillor was mentioned?

Cllr Josh Matlow joked he ate there once.

Last edited:
What ever makes them money I guess.

Pretty much. I majored in journalism at Centennial College and even then, I loathed the Sun for their lack of professionalism.

Cllr Josh Matlow joked he ate there once.

I mean, we have 44 councillors and a mayor, but the same few people always get asked the questions.

In the past few years, I noticed a lot of city services being cut, due to cutbacks or just to save money.

Skating on Grenadier Pond is currently illegally, because it cost money to have staff check the ice for safety. So no skating. Having fun costs money.

Snow windrows are not being cleared. I asked my councillor about this, and got this response:
Unfortunately, the city does not remove snow banks because it is a major undertaking that has environmental impacts and is extremely expensive. They only contemplate this under the most severe conditions.
More likely, it costs money.

In some jurisdictions down south, to save money, they no longer build or keep asphalt paved roads. Cheaper just to use cheaper gravel. See link.
1641219-1.png

Filling potholes with asphalt is just gravy, use gravel instead.

How far to we have to "save money"?

Attachments

• 1641219-1.png
    1641219-1.png
    221 KB · Views: 727
In the past few years, I noticed a lot of city services being cut, due to cutbacks or just to save money.

Skating on Grenadier Pond is currently illegally, because it cost money to have staff check the ice for safety. So no skating. Having fun costs money.

Snow windrows are not being cleared. I asked my councillor about this, and got this response: More likely, it costs money.

In some jurisdictions down south, to save money, they no longer build or keep asphalt paved roads. Cheaper just to use cheaper gravel. See link.
View attachment 41750
Filling potholes with asphalt is just gravy, use gravel instead.

How far to we have to "save money"?

there was always money before. And also money to pave roads

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 2m2 minutes ago
Tory has held board item that recommends repaying an officer's legal bill for police lawyer Harry Black for more than $400,000.

This is at the police board. That much for legal fees?

I think this is also happening in parts of Northern Ontario--underused secondary highways reverting to gravel...

I don't know how these "fiscal conservatives" managed to graduate from math class in high school. Can't wait to see what efficiencies Tory will dig up next year.

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat
CFO says the city will need to find the equivalent of a 15% tax increase next year to balance the budget #TOpoli

"Next year is going to be a difficult budget" City of Toronto CFO #TOpoli

"This is the most risky budget that I have seen" Cllr Gord Perks (who was here during the Miller years and the Ford years) #TOpoli

"That's a stupid bet" Cllr Gord Perks on budget betting on real estate market being as good as last year for land transfer tax #TOpoli

Ugh, just raise taxes. They are too low as it is. Tory should just break a few promises and consider it.

Never.

Elizabeth Church @lizchurchto
Cllr Berardinetti's motion to undo additions to planning staff made at council by Adam Vaughan last year passes. #TOpoli.

Mike Layton @m_layton
The budget committee just voted 4-2 to cut 8 heritage & area planners from the 2015 budget. TO Heritage planning will be delayed years.

Last edited:
Ford/DMW outsourcing garbage collection to private sector was supposed to save millions, but garbage collection fees for 2015 are up 58%, costing homeowners.

B-VLZKFCAAA4MR1.jpg

Respect for the taxpayer indeed.

Attachments

• B-VLZKFCAAA4MR1.jpg
    B-VLZKFCAAA4MR1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 480

Back