News   Jul 16, 2024
 422     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 535     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

RRR...I picked up the FGE reference years ago from a roads guy...I'm not sure who uses the initials these days...
Did they ever? I'd have thought it would have been the FGGE.

I do recall that overhead gantry on the QEW eastbound where it used to transition to the Gardiner just before the Humber used to say F.G. Gardiner Expwy, and about a decade or so ago they removed the F.G. (you can still see on the sign, and in streetview, where the initials used to be). (Though since that piece of the QEW was downloaded to the city in the 1990s, they renamed that piece of QEW and the transition now occurs near the 427).

I think Toronto made the right choice here. Although the Vote Compass thing said my beliefs are closest to Chow (~75% vs ~55% and ~35% for Tory and Ford respectively) I do think Tory is the best chance to unite Toronto. I think Toronto has become too fractured and polarized under Miller and Ford (especially Ford) and I hope Tory can reverse that trend. Chow is just for the inner city, Ford is just for the suburbs, Tory is for all Toronto.

My question is, have enough anti-Ford councillors been elected so that Rob doesn't continually hijack things when it comes
time to vote on issues??

My question is, have enough anti-Ford councillors been elected so that Rob doesn't continually hijack things when it comes
time to vote on issues??
There aren't many pro-Ford councillors left after the past four years

Any councillors who are still pro-Ford are too mentally stunted to try and get along with Tory, I'd wager.

Toronto needed to stop the left/right pendulum and elect someone who has support in the burbs and downtown. The only person close to that was Tory. So this is the best realistic outcome. Those on the left will not be pleased, but looking at the numbers, roughly three quarters of Torontonians cast a ballot for a conservative candidate, so that's what we should get. At least Tory comes across as an adult who can be reasoned with. Perhaps over the next four years some of Toronto's most bitter divisions will simmer down and things can move forward and we can stop fighting the same battles over and over again. It is a shame so many incumbent councillors were re-elected, though, as it means we don't get as much of a clean start as we probably need.

And both of them are most likely to *not* be there within a few months time, whether due to health or legal reasons...

There really AREN'T more then 1 or two "pro" ford councilors ! There are right ones ... but even this is actually really not true, its a very left council.

As much as I didn't consider Tory my first choice, I think he will represent our city well and will unite our city council!

Back