News   May 03, 2024
 626     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 300     0 

marlee ave

sixrings

Member Bio
Reaction score
in the lawrence heights redevelopment marlee will be extended to renee. does anyone know of marlee will be two lanes or will it be four lanes. i would suggest alot more development could occur between eglinton and lawrence if marlee was widened to handle the extra demand from new residents. i would also suggest that a effort to get more people living around glencarin and lawrence west station is benefitial to the ttc.

any hope that marlee gets widened with more people wanting to live close to transit and with the new eglinton line being built?

my biggest problem with the lawrence heights plans is that they promised the community that marlee would not connect to yorkdale (which would be a natural end to the street). without the connection to yorkdale you will see cars spilling onto renee but again the government promised the community that renee too would not be widened.

in the lawrence heights redevelopment marlee will be extended to renee. does anyone know of marlee will be two lanes or will it be four lanes. i would suggest alot more development could occur between eglinton and lawrence if marlee was widened to handle the extra demand from new residents. i would also suggest that a effort to get more people living around glencarin and lawrence west station is benefitial to the ttc.

any hope that marlee gets widened with more people wanting to live close to transit and with the new eglinton line being built?

It would be hard to get more people living around Glencarin since the street is all single detached homes on wide lots. With lawrence they are building all those condos - 3 phases at lawrence an Dufferin and the area behind Lawrence Square is being re-devloped

It would be hard to get more people living around Glencarin since the street is all single detached homes on wide lots. With lawrence they are building all those condos - 3 phases at lawrence an Dufferin and the area behind Lawrence Square is being re-devloped

west of the allen alot of the houses are small 1 1/2 floor houses which are being bought up by developers ripped down and then the land is used for townhouses. marlee also has a few plazas that could be bought and redeveloped to condos. remember sheppard before the subway it to had houses with wide lots. traditionally once a subway goes in development happens but this area has been held back by the protest of the neighbouring forest hill neighbours to the east, the stigma of lawrenfe heights (developers probabky didnt have much faith people would want to buy in the area) and finally by marlee its self being to narrow. in todays world where proximity to a subway is like gold and where redevelopment is happening everywhere marlee is missing an oppertunity to grow.

Marlee yes can be redeveloped especially with those plaza strips but I doubt condos will go up on Glencarin. There are lots that used to have 1 house most likely a bungalow and now have 2 new ones, more narrow but 2 storey. Nor should condos go up on a residential street. Single detached, semis, townhomes, 3 storey yes but not condos

Back