Market Wharf Condos (Context Development) - Real Estate -

No clue. Does anyone have any experience with 65 Scadding?

Under $400 psf in SLM is a surprise in itself apart from comparing to pre-con.

I was wondering what upgrades made sense, since I might plan to rent it out.
It is 550 sq ft one bedroom

1) Hardwood in the bedroom -- cost approximately $1400

2) Solar blinds -- cost approximately $1400

3) gas line for barbeque -- cost approximately $3100

Any other upgrades that make sense?

I was wondering what upgrades made sense, since I might plan to rent it out.
It is 550 sq ft one bedroom

if your intent is to rent out, just do the following:

1) Hardwood in the bedroom -- cost approximately $1400 >>> YES

2) Solar blinds -- cost approximately $1400 >>> NO

3) gas line for barbeque -- cost approximately $3100 >>> NO

Agree with CDR. $1400 is really a good price and it wears better than carpet. Renters won't notice the other 2 and it won't make any difference in the rent you receive. Hardwood is an asset if you go to sell at a later date though personally for personal use I prefer carpet in the bedroom. Just a personal preference but the investment decision would be to spend the $1400 and get it.
Solar blinds you can always do a t a later date.
However, if you absolutely want a gas line for yourself in the future as you are a big BBQ'er, you better do it now. However, $3100 is alot of money for a gas BBQ line (vs. the cost of a propane tank) so you must have to really want it.

Get the hardwood in the bedroom. I'm a big BBQer so I'd personally get the gas line, but the average person doesn't care. It's not a feature where you'll get the money back when it comes time to sell.

Have I said that I love this building?

These are only the upgrade I heard on phone call.
I will post more prices after my option selection interview in Feb.

Some more upgrades

Artemide chimney 24 inches for smaller suites is $600

Glass closet door is $2000

I am wondering which floor of 2nd phase is up to now for option selection. The last time I was at the sales office about a week ago was that they've completed the 6th floor selection (for phase 2). I bought a unit there and it's at the high-teen floor so am wondering how long I'd have to wait :)

Not yet! I'm still waiting, I am thinking should be soon? haven't received a call yet still..

Back