• Peter Milczyn, Vice-Chair
  • Maria Augimeri
  • Vincent Crisanti
  • Frank Di Giorgio
  • Norm Kelly
  • Denzil Minnan-Wong
  • Cesar Palacio
  • John Parker

Personally, at the moment, Karen Stintz gets a D, but Denzil Minnan-Wong gets a E. Peter Milczyn gets a B-, while the rest get only a D+.

I would give Maria Augimeri a C and go with the rest of your ranking with Denzil Minnan-Wong being F

I'll score them all an A+ just to balance the the truculent "Trolleywood" vote.

I give Stintz an E for enthusiasm.

ad1f92124e61b2f97f09b7b523d0.jpeg

Just look how enthused she is about riding the subway.

(Pic courtesy of The Star)

The look on that face seems typical for a subway rider to me ... not sure why it's important.

I agree. Well not about subway riders specifically, just transit riders in general. Or just commuters in general. People stuck in their cars in traffic aren't exactly smiling either.

Uhh, so supporting politicians who were elected by popular vote is being contrarian? Okkkkay there...

What does this have to do with election? I'm giving them a B+ because everyone else was giving them Fs. I call that contrarian.

Transit Toronto reports:

Toronto Transit Commission holds special meeting today
By Robert Mackenzie on February 7, 2011 11:39 AM

The Toronto Transit Commission has announced that it is holding a special meeting at 12:30 p.m. today, Monday, February 7.

During the meeting the transit commissioners will discuss a budget matter and labour relations matters.

The meeting takes place in Committee Room 3 on the second floor of City Hall, 100 Queen Street West. The meeting will start in public and then, the Commission may meet privately, if necessary. The Commission will end its meeting in public.

Confirmed about the meeting.

Meeting No. 1930
Monday, February 7, 2011
12:30 PM

Committee Room 3, 2nd Floor
Toronto City Hall
100 Queen Street West

Committee of the Whole Resolution

1. Contract Negotiations (IN-CAMERA)

2. TTC Budget Shortfall

Link to the February 7, 2011
Commission Meeting Agenda and Reports

First I heard or read about this was at 5 PM Monday.

Steve Munro has more information on the meeting at this link (TTC Budget Update: More Service, Maybe).

Last edited:
Back in February, 2011, the TTC Commissioners (a.k.a. Toronto councilors) got an earful from the public but still voted for service cutbacks on 41 bus routes (down from 48). In their "wisdom", they believed they were saving the public money. See this link from the torontoist.com.

Back in February, gasoline was selling around 112¢ a litre. Up from 105¢ during the October election. Meantime, the price went up to 128¢ a litre. What will the price be on May 8th, when the cutbacks come into reality?

Why cutback on bus service when the price of fuel is going up? People are turning to alternatives: bicycles, walking, and public transit. We should not be cutting back on bus services when the fuel prices are going up. Yes, I understand that the price increase also affects diesel fuel, which the buses use. However, I think there is and will be more passengers coming on-board the TTC as the price of petroleum keeps going up. I think it will continue to go up, unless there is a recession.

We should not be cutting bus service on May 8th. We should postpone any cutbacks until we can see if the gasoline price increase creates more passengers for the TTC. In the Chief General Manger's Report for Periods 11 & 12, October 31 to December 31, 2010 (download the PDF from this link), there is this quote:

2010 ridership reached an all-time high at 477.4 million rides. These results were 6.7 million rides (1.4%) above the 2009 results and 15.3 million rides (3.3%) above the 2010 budget.

I would like to see the numbers for the 41 bus routes to be cutback, to see if there is any change. I would also like to see the numbers for the first three months of 2011, when they come out. The TTC underestimated the 2010 budget, in terms of ridership. I wonder if the same ridership underestimation will occur for 2011.

Last edited:
The only way you will obtain REAL ridership numbers is to count them yourself. It has become common knowledge that the TTC doesn't really count anything, why bother when they can just pluck a number that suits them out of thin air and no one contests it.

The only way you will obtain REAL ridership numbers is to count them yourself. It has become common knowledge that the TTC doesn't really count anything, why bother when they can just pluck a number that suits them out of thin air and no one contests it.

I think I will trust what the TTC says about transit ridership more than what you say. After all the TTC has the data, and you don't. You could just come up with any dumb fact out of thin air to slander TTC employees to suit your views, just like you are doing now. The only one without real facts here is you.

Last edited:

Back