News   Jul 17, 2024
 208     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 864     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 546     0 

M1+M2+Metropolis+Parkside@Metro Place (Allen&Sheppard, Liberty, 14+2x16+17s, Kirkor) COMPLETE

Funny good, what with the huge subway station across the street. Here's looking forward for more development up here!

I live 5 minutes from this development, and I'm sort of excited to see an influx of activity up here. It is a bit bare and deserted, especially to the west of Downsview Station.

The project aesthetically looks quite promising. One thing I noticed though was that the side of one of the buildings is practically on top of Shepperd Ave! There is maybe 5 or 10 feet setback from the road. I'm surprised it's being built so close. Some of those condos are gonna be a bit noisy, don't you think?

Tony

Aug 30

Shot these from the VIVA bus and Downsview Station
IMG_aug-30-09-0060.jpg

IMG_aug-30-09-0125.jpg

IMG_aug-30-09-0126.jpg

IMG_aug-30-09-0127.jpg

IMG_aug-30-09-0128.jpg

IMG_aug-30-09-0129.jpg

wow that puppy is growing ... its good to see Metro Place 1+2 coming along ~

thanks drum118

Oh, more lovely precast. Cheap, corner cutting developments like this are downright embarrassing.

Not sure why you're calling it corner cutting, what indicated it wouldn't be precast from the get go...

I'm not saying that an 'original' material was compromised, but merely that the whole building/development was compromised through that materials' use.

PE ... I think you need to consider the price tag of the suites here, it isn't exactly high end ... given the price of units here the building isn't really THAT BAD looking IMO ... I'm sure there's buildings that are lots worst around GTA (yes yes I know this is one of those Kirkor crap designs)

wow that puppy is growing ... its good to see Metro Place 1+2 coming along ~

thanks drum118

Haha, that puppy is indeed growing. I use Downsview Subway almost daily, and it seems like each day a new floor is constructed.

As for the aesthetic comments, isn't it premature to pass judgement? It's still in its early stages from an aesthetic standpoint no? Let's wait til the glass is up. From the images I've seen I happen to think it's a fairly attractive edifice. We'll see!

It may be mediocre, but we should be thankful that such a barren, lifeless area is finally densifying.

thanks for the update drum118~

given the area context, the history of Kirkor, I'm actually quite pleased with what I see so far constructed for Metro Place 1+2

Back