News   Jul 04, 2024
 433     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 478     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Maybe they need to have a live in elevator repairman in the building because he is here almost all the time anyways, lol

I thought part of the problem is the elevator guy's not here when we need him…

The elevator's working again. Sounds loud, but at least it moves.

By law 10 ,concerning the insurance deductible , was passed with the false promise that it would help keep our maintenance costs down . Well guess what , we had the biggest increase since the building was built and this added insurance burden was passed on to us as well. If a pipe bursts in your suite then why are you responsible for the other suites as well , you weren't the one that installed the pipes, it was the builder that installed them and yet you are responsible for this ??? I remember that one person understood this when there was a meeting and said that he doesn't know what's behind his walls so then why should he be responsible for it ?

Anyways what's done is done and I contacted my insurance agent and I was surprised when he said that he doesn't anticipate my rates going up because of this, but who knows if he is right .

By-law 10 passed this month. The maintenance fees went up last month. By-law 10 means floors aren't covered by the building's insurance so you're responsible for your own floors. It means if a unit gets flooded, only unit owner has to pay for the replacement. Great for everyone else, shitty for that unit owner. Our insurance went up because of all the flooding from this past year.

So I was waiting for the garage door to open between M 1 and M 2 to go out from the garage. A car came racing as if it was on the racetrack and I thought it was going to slam into me from behind. The door went up and I proceeded to go up the ramp towards the exit but the car behind me couldn't wait and raced by me through the entrance. Then he took off like a bat out of h*** and I couldn't see the car any longer , just a trail of dust and smoke. What was the rush, especially on Christmas Day ? Do any Doctors live in the building, maybe he was rushing to the hospital to perform an emergency surgery ?

Maybe a pregnant wife's water broke. ;)

That is reasonable that the unit owner is responsible for their own floor but under the By-law 10 won't they also be responsible for damage to all other units as well if it originated in their suite ? I guess that it would also depend on the circumstance whether or not this is fair. If they left a tap running and caused a flood then they should bear responsibility but if it is a pipe ,then that is out of their control isn't it ? I speak from experience because it happened in our suite when the building was brand new. The person in the floor above was taking a shower and the water was flooding in our unit from a pipe. The builder repaired the pipe and ceiling in the shower but the flooring and carpet was never replaced and just left to dry out . So under this new by law if it had happened today then I would have been responsible for water damage to all other units if it occurred but why should I or any other unit owner be responsible for pipes that were installed by the builder ?

" Our insurance went up because of all the flooding from this past year " Wasn't this caused by inferior workmanship and that's why the board was able to get a settlement from the builder because of this ?

The inferior workmanship the settlement was for I heard was related to the expansion joints in the parking garages (hence the construction there now). Never heard anything about pipes. The flooding is being blamed on people pouring grease down the sink. The grease hardens and backs up the pipes.

After only 5 months the new washer has the same problem as the old one had, not spin drying. It was showing error code A10 . This error code means the drain hose is clogged but I don't think this is true because Whirlpool told me that then there would be water in the machine but there was no water in the drum. I suspect that once again it is the timer , just like in the previous machine. These electronic machines have too many problems and the older mechanical machines were much more reliable.This is why I bought an extended warranty for four years on it. So what I did was to turn off the power and set the control by hand to spin dry and restart it . Then it spin dried like it should. See it has to be the timer because the trouble was that it wasn't going on to the next cycle after wash and rinse.

Seems like you're having all the bad luck here. Evelators, neighbours, washers, encounter with aggressive drivers in parking garage.

Seems like you're having all the bad luck here. Evelators, neighbours, washers, encounter with aggressive drivers in parking garage.

No it is not bad luck, it is a fact that electronic devices are more prone to break down than mechanical devices .
Also 99% of the drivers that I encounter in the parking garage are polite and courteous . These so called " aggressive drivers " might not even be residents here but are visitors. One encounters these on the road as well and that's why there is even a name for them " road rage ". M 2 has more problems with their elevators than M 1 does because the repair guys are always at M 2 . Other people are complaining as well e.g. dirty windows here, barking dogs and also one resident even got bitten by a dog , lol

So my boyfriend just recently moved in with me and he had a package delivered here to the front desk but the conceigere said she couldnt accept it because his name is not registered on our system as a tenant/owner. I sent an email to Kitty but does he need to fill out a form or something??

Anyways what's done is done and I contacted my insurance agent and I was surprised when he said that he doesn't anticipate my rates going up because of this, but who knows if he is right .

I sent in the info package we picked up from the front desk to my insurance provider and just heard back from them. I was told that my policy nor the rates needn't be changed as the current package has a very good coverage. I asked him about specific cases such as what was often brought up in our meetings: burst pipes in our walls and he said it's called "Domestic Water Damage" and while it depends on specific situations, my current coverage is more than enough for such situations.

He mentioned that By-Law 10 being passed in condos is a very frequent situation in recent years, and that in cases where someone's rates have gone up, it's because they:
(a) did NOT get enough coverage for that particular type of damage (domestic water damage) in the first place. Coverage generally starts at about $10,000 and many people just go with that basic amount... but if you think about it, $10,000 is about the cost of doing some decent renovations in your kitchen/bathroom - so in essence, it might be enough to cover the cost of fixing the damage to your bathroom or kitchen, but wouldn't then be enough to cover any other damages like contents and other units' property damage.

or

(b) got insurance for a unit that they do NOT live in but rent out, for which there are all sorts of differences in coverage and rates for units that are for rental purposes.

On a slightly different note, I handed in my cheque for the Assessment Levy (to the security desk, because the office is only open when I'm at work) and left a phone message that day to ask them to call me back to confirm that my cheque was received... that was early last week. Called again today and left a follow-up message (you know, because there's never anyone there to answer). Let's see how long it takes before I speak to a real-live person from that office...

So my boyfriend just recently moved in with me and he had a package delivered here to the front desk but the conceigere said she couldnt accept it because his name is not registered on our system as a tenant/owner. I sent an email to Kitty but does he need to fill out a form or something??

Yeah, the desk needs authorization to be able to sign on someone else's behalf. Just have your boyfriend go to the security desk and they should have it for him.

when are they going to replace the M2 black lady guard at week nights? I thought the guard are in rotation and she is in M2 for quite a while now. I don't like her, she is very arrogant! Everytime i claimed for a package from the mail, it seems she don't like to do it and just continue talking to her phone. She even sounded like yelling when saying "sign!"...

They want someone here for at least 2 years....that's what the spanish lady guard told me who was here previously, though she left.
when are they going to replace the M2 black lady guard at week nights? I thought the guard are in rotation and she is in M2 for quite a while now. I don't like her, she is very arrogant! Everytime i claimed for a package from the mail, it seems she don't like to do it and just continue talking to her phone. She even sounded like yelling when saying "sign!"...

Back