News   May 31, 2024
 942     6 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.3K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1K     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

I was thinking about it. I would also like to know if its worth it, I am not too handy with these things.

Well, yes it needs to be done because it could be a fire hazard . Is it worth it , yes because if you don't do it yourself it is more expensive to call another company than to use this one .

What I have a problem with is the cost of replacing the washer hose . Why do we have to cover the cost because the builder cut corners to save money and used inferior material that can crack and cause a flood ? Though it is what it is and too much time has passed now to do anything about it .

Last edited:
Goddamn the garbage chute at M1 is always done, what gives? It's probably renters doing what they do best

Has anyone inquired about replacing the unit door? I'm finding that it's paper thin and noise can easily travel through it. I can literally hear dogs barking from the other end of the hallway. Maybe I'll just replace it myself?

Goddamn the garbage chute at M1 is always done, what gives? It's probably renters doing what they do best

Has anyone inquired about replacing the unit door? I'm finding that it's paper thin and noise can easily travel through it. I can literally hear dogs barking from the other end of the hallway. Maybe I'll just replace it myself?[/QUOTE

The unit door cannot be replaced by residents because it belongs to the building and not the residents. It is made specifically with special features which are needed here . There is a fire wall within the door and the door also has to have a gap so that any smoke can leave the unit, otherwise the unit would explode in a fire from the build up of pressure in the unit from the smoke. I agree that it would be nice to have a better door to keep out noise and odors but it is not allowed .

The crank window in my bedroom is kind of broken. The crank will open the window but will not close it because the mechanism is warped inside, i physically have to take the screen off and pull the window closed.I had my father fix it a few months back by removing the crank and hammering the mechanisim so it wasnt warped anymore, but obviously that was just a temporary fix. I'd like a more permanent fix. How do I go about fixing this? Who supplied our windows? Is the window the condo's responsibility?

The crank window in my bedroom is kind of broken. The crank will open the window but will not close it because the mechanism is warped inside, i physically have to take the screen off and pull the window closed.I had my father fix it a few months back by removing the crank and hammering the mechanisim so it wasnt warped anymore, but obviously that was just a temporary fix. I'd like a more permanent fix. How do I go about fixing this? Who supplied our windows? Is the window the condo's responsibility?

Hi Stephie

Yes , that has happened with my windows as well .The first time the condo had it fixed because it was still under warranty but the second time I had to pay because it was out of warranty. The person who installed these windows is called Mukesh Autar, I got his name from the Management office here at Metro Place . He can be reached at 647-828-8255 and he charged me $50 .

p.s. I know that sounds like a lot but he replaces the handle. It's good now but it requires the strength of Arnold Swarztenagger (spelling mistake but I don't know how to spell his name lol ) to crank it shut . Just be glad your washing machine is still working, at least I assume it is , because I had to replace mine after only 4 years but now I purchased an extended warranty, so I'll be good for the next 5 years ,with regards to the washing machine.

Last edited:
For those of you who had the maintenance done with the laundry coils and vent ducts, has management cashed your cheque? Its been 2 months now and my cheque has yet to be cashed.

For those of you who had the maintenance done with the laundry coils and vent ducts, has management cashed your cheque? Its been 2 months now and my cheque has yet to be cashed.

I was wondering the same thing... I tried calling the management office from work to check a few days in a row but no one ever seems to be there. Didn't feel like leaving a message so just let it be... they'll eventually cash it I guess...

On a separate note, when I got home today, the clocks were all flashing so I'm guessing we had a blackout... but is anyone else not getting any hot water? (I'm in M1)

I was wondering the same thing... I tried calling the management office from work to check a few days in a row but no one ever seems to be there. Didn't feel like leaving a message so just let it be... they'll eventually cash it I guess...

Yeah… Eventually… As long as they don't wait another 4 months for when those cheques turn into scrap paper…

Apparently the blackout affected a big area out towards Bathurst too. It was only for about 10 minutes.

Charging Outlet

I wonder, if in the future someone here wanted to get an electric car, if they would be able to install a charging outlet at their parking space ? Tesla just announced that they are coming out with a $35,000 U.S. electric car ,so that's half the price of their current car . Still not cheap though because that would be $50,000 Canadian .So if the price keeps going down and the range of the car keeps increasing ,more people will become interested but I wonder if it would matter for those that live in condos because of the need for a charging outlet ?

Actually what is going to end up happening is that a variety of systems will be available, gas, electric and fuel cells (hydrogen), so we don't know which is going to dominate the market yet.

Trouble with the new washing machine

Now the new washing machine is having a problem . It stopped and showed " error code 10 " . Error code 10 is a problem with the drain hose . The repairman is coming out on Friday , what the heck is going on with these washing machines . It's the same brand machine, because the size has to match the dryer, if one doesn't want to replace both machines and this brand is also the cheapest as well . The only good thing is that the new machine is under warranty now for the next 5 years . I guess technically it isn't the fault of the new washer because the drain hose wasn't replaced with the old washer .

Update: The serviceman couldn't find anything wrong . He said either the person above us was was washing at the same time and their water was draining preventing our water from going out or it was just a "glitch" with our washer. No charge for the service call .

Last edited:
Now the new washing machine is having a problem . It stopped and showed " error code 10 " . Error code 10 is a problem with the drain hose . The repairman is coming out on Friday , what the heck is going on with these washing machines . It's the same brand machine, because the size has to match the dryer, if one doesn't want to replace both machines and this brand is also the cheapest as well . The only good thing is that the new machine is under warranty now for the next 5 years . I guess technically it isn't the fault of the new washer because the drain hose wasn't replaced with the old washer .

Update: The serviceman couldn't find anything wrong . He said either the person above us was was washing at the same time and their water was draining preventing our water from going out or it was just a "glitch" with our washer. No charge for the service call .

Make sure hose is connected to proper connectors. Hot connects to hot, cold to cold. We had issues with our washer, mechanic told us whoever connected the hose connected wrong, cold water connected to hot, hot water connected to cold and this actually caused an issue with the washers circuit and had to be replaced.

Back