News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 602     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

So just had a wonderfully awkward moment in the parking garage. I was coming up from P2 to P1, and turning left to go out under M3 like I always do, since there's no sign telling me I can't. Some guy who entered from M3 was trying to turn right to go into P2. Obviously a tight squeeze, but not impossible. I do it all the time. He starts motioning to me to move forward. I motion to him to squeeze in. He's now very firmly pointing to his left, so I think he's telling me to go the long way around. He opens his window as I drive around him, I open mine and he starts lecturing me: "You can't go this way. This way (behind him) is the entrance. The exit's up there. You have to go up there!" So I went around him and exited the same way I normally do.

So... Who the hell is this guy, and why is he telling me where I can and can't drive in my own building?

How's the visitor parking at Metropolis? Do all the buildings share the same visitor parking? Looked at a unit here a few months ago and would like to purchase one here as an investment. Noticed the streets were stacked with cars almost taking up most of the road. I'm guessing this will change? TIA!

How's the visitor parking at Metropolis? Do all the buildings share the same visitor parking? Looked at a unit here a few months ago and would like to purchase one here as an investment. Noticed the streets were stacked with cars almost taking up most of the road. I'm guessing this will change? TIA!

It was probably lined up on the streets due to construction going on at the Idomo building... and there is additional visitor parking underground as well... i'm sure with the Idomo parking lot opened, individuals will be parking there as well

As the parking lot is open, it's good news for those who travelling East on Sheppard which allows you to cross the parking lot onto De Boers drive..

Noticed the streets were stacked with cars almost taking up most of the road. I'm guessing this will change? TIA!

It better soon. So annoying and an accident waiting to happen. The lines are drawn that you can't park on even one side of the road.

I know its people from our complex because when signs of towing are up on the elevators, the road is empty the next day.

please buy or rent a 2nd parking spot

Just got my first hydro bill, for the first 6 months (minus the set-up charge), I'm averaging about $30 a month! I don't use the dishwasher since I wash everything by hand, do laundry once a week, but I have my A/C on, my computer on all day, the lights on, and I'm in a 2 bedroom suite. Not bad at all.

I agree with you yaz but I don't think that there are too many people that can just pull out $28,000 from their pocket to buy a 2nd parking spot. If cars were being ticketed and the cost of the parking tickets came to more than $100 a month I could see them renting a 2nd parking spot . However cars are not being ticketed, so they have no incentive to rent a 2nd parking spot as it is now.

Its just ghetto, that's all. I hope eventually the tickets come. No cars should be parked on that road , on either side.

Last edited:
Its just ghetto, that's all. I hope eventually the tickets come. No cars should be parked on that road , on either side.

A ticket for what? It's not illegal to park on the street on either side unless the city puts up a sign saying so. It's just incredibly annoying!

A ticket for what? It's not illegal to park on the street on either side unless the city puts up a sign saying so. It's just incredibly annoying!

It's possible they could put up no parking signs on either (or both) side of the street. Right now, the lanes are narrow enough that cars take up the whole lane. The street curves with only a centre lane to use. Not a recipe for safe driving. Problem is, we don't have much convenient parking for the retail (though nothing has been updated on that front since June 21, when they dropped the prices).

The ticket would be for overnight parking . It is illegal to park more than 4 hours on any street in Toronto unless they have a parking permit issued by the City. I think that "unassumed road" means that the City hasn't taken it over yet and so it could still be a private road . That's probably the reason that no cars have been ticketed yet . The City doesn't have to post a sign up because not knowing the law( 4 hour parking limit on any side street within the City ) is not an excuse.

Believe me, it's just a matter of time before the parking enforcement jumps on this. Seen this with many other developments around the city.

Believe me, it's just a matter of time before the parking enforcement jumps on this. Seen this with many other developments around the city.

I agree. Than people who have 2nd cars will be forced to rent another spot. On my building alone there are a ton of parking ads on the bulletin. I'm sure one can negotiate an extra spot for like 80 dollars a month.

For sure, this street will generate a lot of revenue for the City . That's what it is all about , parking tickets = cash cow= revenue

When are we going to get some useful retail at the base of M3 & M4?

I know that soccer jerseys, window coverings and dry cleaning are all very important, but it would be nice to have some retail that people will actually visit.

Back