News   Jul 04, 2024
 163     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 272     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 833     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

what is happening across the street on the north east side of allen and sheppard?????? are they just clearing the land to dig the subway line??? or is there eventually going to be condoson this land as well????

what is happening across the street on the north east side of allen and sheppard?????? are they just clearing the land to dig the subway line??? or is there eventually going to be condoson this land as well????

Noooo, they are building a exhibition place there.
Nah.....more like TTC subway.

Grocery stores, bars, and restaurants are the best options. I'd love to see Allen & Sheppard become the new Yonge & Sheppard.

Heads up from the TTC. Lane restrictions northbound on Allen around us:

Beginning tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the curb lane on northbound Allen Road north of Sheppard Avenue West will be closed for sewer construction. Construction will also close the northbound curb lane beginning at 7 p.m. tomorrow through the weekend, reopening the lane at 4:30 a.m. on Monday, November 21, 2011. This construction site extends approximately 264 metres adjacent to the Allen Road, north of Sheppard Ave West at the south end of the earth berm. Construction crews will be building a large shaft for the arrival of the Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) “Holey and Moley”. This work is anticipated to be complete in early 2013.

Work Hours
The City of Toronto has approved a noise by-law exemption which allows the contractor to perform overnight and weekend work when required to minimize traffic and neighbourhood disruptions. Work will run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2011 and then restart at 7 p.m. Friday and continue through the weekend. The northbound curb lane will reopen Monday, November 21 at 4:30 a.m. No work will be done on Statutory Holidays.
Lane Restrictions on Allen Road
The northbound curb lane on Allen Road north of Sheppard will be closed during the above noted dates and times. Due to the nature of the work, motorists may face temporary traffic delays northbound on Allen Road.
Construction Vehicle Access
Construction vehicles will access and exit the construction site only from Allen Road. We regret any inconvenience that may be caused as a result of this work.

Same here... Keep it under 5 stories and I'd be alright with it.

I need something within walking distance other than boston pizza. Their drink deals are decent but their food is terrible. I've ended up at wild wing more often lately and that's not great either... #FRY-ALL-THE-THINGS....

Same here... Keep it under 5 stories and I'd be alright with it.

I need something within walking distance other than boston pizza. Their drink deals are decent but their food is terrible. I've ended up at wild wing more often lately and that's not great either... #FRY-ALL-THE-THINGS....

In the spirit of Jared himself, I like walking to Subway. And I sometimes like hoofing over to Bathurst for more selection (DQ, Pizza Pizza, etc). There was a 24 hour grub place on Sheppard, but they closed and reopened and they're not 24 hours anymore. But yeah, one good, cheap restaurant across the street or in the complex would be great.

At least we'll be able to walk for booze soon...

now they just need to extend that sidewalk!

there's a greasy spoon at wilson heights and sheppard. time square cafe or something like that. not great, but not bad. worst case, you can always hit up the whimpy's at bathurst and sheppard

Last edited:
can anyone update the construction process?? How are buildings M3/M4 coming? The park?

HAven't been able to drive by in a while.

can anyone update the construction process?? How are buildings M3/M4 coming? The park?

HAven't been able to drive by in a while.

Construction is good, I guess. They leave the lights on in some of the suites (construction security guard told me they do that to speed up the paint drying) and they're looking good on the lower floors. Park is coming along great. They turned the lights on in the park last week. (The lights were on, but no one was home). Grass is laid down at the top, trees are planted, sidewalks, monuments and stuff like that are in... Still some construction vehicles in there too though, so no park just yet.

great news. How is the parking entrance for M3/M4 progressing?? Do you go to gym sometimes at M2? how busy does it get with only two buildings??

I wonder also what stores will open using the commercial space. If you walk/drive west along sheppard and look at some of the condo's there, 70-80 percent of the commercial space is empty. I really hope that is not going to be the case for metro place. I'm hoping for Starbucks/Timmys, a Major bank, Rabba/7-11/Macs, Wine store, Dry cleaners, Dentist office, Small daycare, Herbal store, Subway to all be there once the buildings are done. =]

Back