News   Jul 17, 2024
 88     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 713     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 611     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Any feedbacks would be appreciated.

I'm torn between having high gloss white cabinets and dark std granite countertop, or high gloss dark brown cabinets and std light granite countertop.

Also the flooring for the entrance , bathroom and kitchen, do we get a good amount of std color choices?? How much is the upgraded floor (dark brown) they had in the main washroom in the M1 model suite??

Lastly did anyone purchase to install potlights in their units?? how much was it? Is putting on aftermarket potlights too much risk to damage a condo unit??

Any feedbacks would be appreciated.

I'm torn between having high gloss white cabinets and dark std granite countertop, or high gloss dark brown cabinets and std light granite countertop.

Also the flooring for the entrance , bathroom and kitchen, do we get a good amount of std color choices?? How much is the upgraded floor (dark brown) they had in the main washroom in the M1 model suite??

Lastly did anyone purchase to install potlights in their units?? how much was it? Is putting on aftermarket potlights too much risk to damage a condo unit??

I would go with the high gloss dark brown cabinets and std light granite countertop

Hey Peter thanks for your feedback. Is that what you have in your unit?? saw the model unit at M1 have this combo and i thought it looked great.

Do you feel the dark std granite is not so great or just your preference?

thanks

Hey Peter thanks for your feedback. Is that what you have in your unit?? saw the model unit at M1 have this combo and i thought it looked great.

Do you feel the dark std granite is not so great or just your preference?

thanks

I have the dark brown cabinets. I wouldn't like to have white cabinets. So with the dark brown cabinet it would be the light granite countertop that would go with that.

My building (M3) is supposedly going to be closing april 2012. I have driven by and they are starting to put on windows. Am i too late to try to book an early appointment with the design studio so that they can install a few potlights??

Worst case if i'm already late to ask the design team, does anyone know how difficult it would be for an electrician to install potlights in a condo?

thx

Last edited:
My building (M3) is supposedly going to be closing april 2012. I have driven by and they are starting to put on windows. Am i too late to try to book an early appointment with the design studio so that they can install a few potlights??

Worst case if i'm already late to ask the design team, does anyone know how difficult it would be for an electrician to install potlights in a condo?

thx

Windows usually go on before much is done on the inside. As for potlights unless you are in a unit with a drop ceiling (usually just the penthouse) then you can't have potlights except manybe a few select area where there are bulkheads. Most of your ceiling is likely concerete so potlights are not an option.

Windows usually go on before much is done on the inside. As for potlights unless you are in a unit with a drop ceiling (usually just the penthouse) then you can't have potlights except manybe a few select area where there are bulkheads. Most of your ceiling is likely concerete so potlights are not an option.

Thats unfortunate. I really like potlights. I guess it saves me some money though

New upgrade list

* The 42" cabinet uppers $500-600
* Undermounted Sink - $800-900
* Ceran/glass top range - an extra $300
* High Gloss dark brown or white cabinets - $600

about 2300

Still uncertain to upgrade the foyer, powder, washroom flooring. I'm assuming it won't be too expensive though

Thats unfortunate. I really like potlights. I guess it saves me some money though

New upgrade list

* The 42" cabinet uppers $500-600
* Undermounted Sink - $800-900
* Ceran/glass top range - an extra $300
* High Gloss dark brown or white cabinets - $600

about 2300

Still uncertain to upgrade the foyer, powder, washroom flooring. I'm assuming it won't be too expensive though

My upgrades are almost exactly the same as your choices, except i went for the high gloss white cabinets and dark granite counter tops. I feel that the white will open up the space a bit too. Also the dark brown cabinets are so common - not that it doesnt look great. Also, my extended cabinets were included in my price. And i upgraded the backsplash as well as the kitchen, foyer & PR floors. There are plenty of standard chices for the floors also!

I spent about 2700 after taxes.

Hey i like your thinking haha. If you have any free time, could you post up some pics of your kitchen and flooring? We are leaning towards the white cabinet gloss , dark granite countertop also

If you don't mind me asking, what floor colors did you pick for foyer, powder, kitchen and washroom? Did you upgrade to a special color or material?

Yaz16, I'll be in M3 so no pics of my place yet!

For the flooring, I went with a dark grey textured pattern and kept it the same in kitchen, foyer & PR. The backsplash is white with grey tones as well. I have pics of the swatches which ive attached.

Top left = white glossy cabinets
Far left = dark granite countertops
Bottom right = laminte flooring
Grey Tile = Kitchen/foyer/PR flooring
Rectangular white tile = Backsplash (which they wanted to charge me $340 to stack them brick style but I opted not to so it'll be the regular parallel pattern)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Nice color choices. Our units could look like twins. I like dark floor tiles but my wife likes lighter tiles for the kitchen and washroom. I guess once we visit the design studio we will get a better idea

Did you also purchase a locker? I remember reading in this forum that they have various sizes. Do you remember how much they cost and the sizes?

Nice color choices. Our units could look like twins. I like dark floor tiles but my wife likes lighter tiles for the kitchen and washroom. I guess once we visit the design studio we will get a better idea

Did you also purchase a locker? I remember reading in this forum that they have various sizes. Do you remember how much they cost and the sizes?

Standard is $3500, don't know the measurements.

I had to get a waiting list for the locker. They told me there are 100-200 lockers between 500 units for M3&M4. Went to design center about 2wks ago and i was about 40th -50th on list i think.

I want to say the locker size is about 4ft x 4ft for the 3500 price point. Maybe someone here can confirm?

Builder is going to face chaos if there will be only 100-200 lockers between 500 units. My guess is they will try to accommodate everyone who wants a locker by only making std locker sizes (instead of Std , Large and x large) and converting wasted space as locker spaces. Out of 500 units i'm guessing about 350 will want lockers. I'm no builder but if 100 were suppose to be std lockers, they could prob squeeze a little space from each locker and make additional 10-15 lockers. If 45 were suppose to be large then split each by approx 1.5 = 65-70 std lockers. If 25 were suppose to be extra large then split each one into two approx = 50-55. All together about 240. In addition 50 more converting wasted space around the building (under staircase as example).

This is the first Condo i ran into that offered free parking but no free locker. Usually its the other way around

I have already reserved one today. It won't matter with me if mines will be located under the stairs, i definitely will need one

Last edited:
I had to get a waiting list for the locker. They told me there are 100-200 lockers between 500 units for M3&M4. Went to design center about 2wks ago and i was about 40th -50th on list i think.

I want to say the locker size is about 4ft x 4ft for the 3500 price point. Maybe someone here can confirm?

More like 2ft x 2ft for standard size.

Back