News   Jul 12, 2024
 842     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 753     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 321     0 

Luxe Condo (NYCC, Menkes, 22 + 24s, Bigauskas)

well the whole image has a fake blue cast so i wouldn't trust it.
A blue colour is easy to achieve with any prefinished metal, so I would guess aluminum.
Nothing about this design or location suggests that they're going to spend lots of money on materials.

Don't be so sure about location...sure, it's not Yorkville, but Willowdale's status, value, whatever you want to call it, is climbing pretty rapidly and North York Centre buyers do now demand more than standard precast junk towers. Houses in the area will be worth $2 million by the time the next cycle peaks, which should force condos to respond, and as more condos get built, fewer cheap/Tridel buildings will be going up. I'm very confident that should the subway ever be extended, condos along Yonge north of Finch could be quite ritzy, especially in Thornhill. There's scads of people willing to drop big bucks on condos up there and big bucks usually equates to nice condos.

you do know who is driving the market at Yonge /Finch? It's most definitely not the same demograpihcs as closer to Sheppard and around Bayview

Yonge & Sheppard is the same market as Yonge & Finch, but Bayview isn't. If/when built, I would, admittedly, expect Willowdale's first high-end condo to be closer to Sheppard, but that's almost solely because the area is more built up and established than Finch, not because of demographics.

UPDATE!!!

dsc03241ao6.jpg

dsc03242mw1.jpg

dsc03243ux1.jpg

dsc03244hx9.jpg

dsc03245cq1.jpg

dsc03246eh9.jpg

dsc03247jm5.jpg

Houses in the area will be worth $2 million by the time the next cycle peaks....

LOL! Thanks for that little chuckle, I needed it. Resale condos is this area are not holding their value due to the enormous asian specuvestor component. Read Urbanation report to confirm my comments.

North York planning dept gets steamrolled by one tasteless project after another. If ever there was a need for a planning czar this wasteland of wind tunnels proves it.

Apologies for the harshness of my remarks and my rather negative tone (I'm not this way in person I assure you), but this whole area makes me embarrassed for Toronto.

hmm surprised they were getting built. I thought they were a rip off in price.

However Menkes is a pretty okay builder...

They actually sold very quickly as far as I'm aware.

Nothing beats PULSE further down the street where both towers were sold out before they hit ground level.

Anything in the area tends too go like hot cakes - surprisingly I've heard the same can't be said about DIA for whatever reason.

LOL! Thanks for that little chuckle, I needed it. Resale condos is this area are not holding their value due to the enormous asian specuvestor component. Read Urbanation report to confirm my comments.

Yes, a great number of the houses in Willowdale will be worth $2 million soon (if that's what you were lol'ing about). "Worth" as in "sell for," mind you, since you seem like you're gonna jump on that word's meaning (as for me, if I had $2 million to spend on a residence, Willowdale would not be my first choice). Read my post to confirm I never said anything about resale condos; I suggested the quality of condo projects could rise side by side with the value of local houses. When I said people will be willing to spend a lot on quality North York condos, I could only have been talking about new construction since there are no higher-end condos up there yet.

Anything in the area tends too go like hot cakes - surprisingly I've heard the same can't be said about DIA for whatever reason.

Yeah, there's a few DIA units left - two strikes might be that it wasn't done by a company as established and well-known (trusted?) as Tridel or Pemberton, and the busy police/fire/ambulance stations next door. I don't think the specuvestors were much involved, either, which will invariably slow down sales.

Yes, a great number of the houses in Willowdale will be worth $2 million soon (if that's what you were lol'ing about). "Worth" as in "sell for," mind you, since you seem like you're gonna jump on that word's meaning (as for me, if I had $2 million to spend on a residence, Willowdale would not be my first choice).

I realize that out in Scarberia all of NY must look to same to you, but the only place in Willowdale where homes will ever sell for 2 mil in 2007 dollars are south of the 401. It starts to get much more pedestrian as you travel north on bayview beyond the highway.

I realize that out in Scarberia all of NY must look to same to you, but the only place in Willowdale where homes will ever sell for 2 mil in 2007 dollars are south of the 401. It starts to get much more pedestrian as you travel north on bayview beyond the highway.

GOTCHA!

Willowdale doesn't exist south of the 401.

Hoggs Hollow
Bridle Path &
Don Mills

are south of the 401 and Willowdale in North York

Half the homes on streets like Kingsdale (or other streets with 50+ foot wide lots, 3000+ sq.ft houses, and <10 minute walk to the subway) are worth $1.2-$1.5 million now. $1-$1.2M is standard for a basic McMansion in Willowdale these days - especially since unimproved bungalows can go for $800K - and I did clearly say "the next cycle," not "2007" for $2M benchmarks as they've recently cracked the $1.5M mark.

But, hey, you seem to be an expert on Willowdale real estate, especially Willowdale along Bayview south of the 401...

edit - grr...caltrane beat me to it...that's what happens when you start posts and then go eat and come back to them.

It's kind of funny, but non-McMansionized houses in York Mills can still be gotten for cheaper than equivalent houses in Willowdale, though the nice houses like along Old Yonge or the assorted ridges are worth a heck of a lot more. I lived in the cutest little bungalow on York Mills - the previous owners had done $100,000 in renovations but had two more kids in quick succession and needed more space so we basically got a brand new house. The house we backed onto was worth 3-4 times as much...and the house behind that one was a stone manor worth 3-4 times as much again.

GOTCHA!

Willowdale doesn't exist south of the 401.

Hoggs Hollow
Bridle Path &
Don Mills

are south of the 401 and Willowdale in North York

East of Bayview, between York Mills and the 401, is Willowdale. Or at least it used to be...

Back