Luna Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

I have nothing against Cityplace in general. I've always defended it in terms of how many good things it's done for the city so I'm definitely not in the "cityplace hater" category. I even owned a unit in one of the buildings at one point in time. But I gotta say I was thoroughly disappointed with Luna since I was looking to get a unit there. No wonder so many owners want to get rid of their units there asap.

I believe owners are ridding their units because the time is right and they are making substantial profits. This is the usual case when you buy pre-construction at a low-low $psf and, when it's built, it appreciates. The market was prime for the owners to make profit...

Purchased a 2 bed+den unit here, closing Dec. 22nd!

I had instructed my realtor not to show me any units at CityPlace due to threads on this site that have been nothing but CP bashing... but decided to take a look at a suite in Luna just for curiosity sake. Result: 24 hours later, An offer was in!

Having lived at Quantum and The Met, I can say that the finishes are no more cheaper than other places. The unit seemed pretty sound proof, even as trains were moving by (unit faces north). At Quantum, you can hear people talking on Yonge Street and neighbouring balconies, as well as every car that passes (from 22 floors up). The Met is full of renters, so living in another building with renters isn't really an issue.

Anyone who originally purchased and posted here still around? How has your experience been so far?

I completely agree with you. We've heard this debate too many times already. The only reason why I brought it up is because the quality of craftsmanship at Luna is probably the worst I've ever seen anywhere period. I just had to say something about it! :D

On a scale of 1-10 I would put Concord at a 9 out of 10. This from my experience of owning a 1,000 sq ft 2 bedroom +1 at Neo which only had minimum deficiences. Compare that to the build quality of my current Brookfield Homes 1,700 sq ft town-home which has over 100 issues (and counting) into the first 2 months which I would rate 2 out of 10. In most cases the repairs were worse than original deficiency. The front of my new range has a mysterious, small nail hole. Add to that the upgrade for thicker kitchen granite wasn't supplied and I had to fight to get my +$1000 back. $4,000 sound proofing doesn't work. I found that Concord's service personal are not like Brookfield's I don't care attitude. I can go on...

Purchased a 2 bed+den unit here, closing Dec. 22nd!

I had instructed my realtor not to show me any units at CityPlace due to threads on this site that have been nothing but CP bashing... but decided to take a look at a suite in Luna just for curiosity sake. Result: 24 hours later, An offer was in!

Having lived at Quantum and The Met, I can say that the finishes are no more cheaper than other places. The unit seemed pretty sound proof, even as trains were moving by (unit faces north). At Quantum, you can hear people talking on Yonge Street and neighbouring balconies, as well as every car that passes (from 22 floors up). The Met is full of renters, so living in another building with renters isn't really an issue.

Anyone who originally purchased and posted here still around? How has your experience been so far?

First off, congrats and welcome to Luna. Are you at 8 Telegram Mews or 25 Caperol Court?

My wifey and I bought the unit way back in May 2006 (pre-construction) and we've moved in since March 2010.

As with any condo, there are defiencies in the suite that we needed to resolve, however nothing major at all. You'll find a mixture of renters and owners (you can always tell). I would say 60% renters to 40% owners. That may change in a few years as the owners might upgrade to a house as they start to have a family.

The finishes are excellent. I own two other investment condos and Luna is above both of them in quality. We've really enjoyed our time so far and in general, people are nice/neutral.

Haters will hate. People will bash CP because they are jealous (still living with their parents) or the downtown condo lifestyle isn't for them. Others just hate because they think their own condo building is the shit. Do I think Luna is the best condo out there? No. But its good enough that I'd want to live here for a couple of years.

Congrats once again!

Just curious, how much did you pay for the unit? You can PM me.

I am a first-time buyer interested in getting a unit at Luna.

Can experienced Luna residents please give me an honest review of the building? I've read the negative reviews about CityPlace in general.

Please tell me what you think personally. How is the quality of the units?

How is the sound-proofing at Luna?

I listen to my music fairly loud, this is important to me - will neighbours be bothered by the music and bass?

It's been almost 1-2 years since you guys have moved in to Luna. Can you give me your honest thoughts and reviews about your living experience?

How is the quality of the unit?

How is the soundproofing? I listen to music loud with bass, want to know if my neighbours will hear the music or feel the vibration?

It's been almost 1-2 years since you guys have moved in to Luna. Can you give me your honest thoughts and reviews about your living experience?

How is the quality of the unit?

How is the soundproofing? I listen to music loud with bass, want to know if my neighbours will hear the music or feel the vibration?

Your music will be heard loud and clear in virtually any condo in the city, especially Luna.

I am a first-time buyer interested in getting a unit at Luna.

Can experienced Luna residents please give me an honest review of the building? I've read the negative reviews about CityPlace in general.

Please tell me what you think personally. How is the quality of the units?

How is the sound-proofing at Luna?

I listen to my music fairly loud, this is important to me - will neighbours be bothered by the music and bass?

let me preface all of the following with this - it all depends on your neighbours.. ;)

we've been here since day 1 so I can give you some insight.. the negative reviews likely stem from unrealistic expectations - you have to know what you're getting into and adjust accordingly.. you can't buy a civic and expect it to handle like a bmw.. we knew there would be many renters and it we did not buy a glamourous unit at the Trump Tower.. the folks who live here are mainly young(er) singles who like to party; often renters with approx 2 people in a bachelor or a 1 bedroom unit (sometimes i feel like the units are rented by the hour - i've ran into our neighbours in the elevator not having a clue they were our neighbours.. "where you going?" "floor x please" we turn the same way and then we open doors and it's like oh you live here.. lol).. some are students who have their parents pay for the condo/rent.. there are young families with 1-2 young kids and there's a couple in their 50s that is living here too..

there are knicks/marks on the wall but they do get patched up/painted over relatively quickly.. the gym is good enough as is the sauna.. the rooftop pool area (last summer) was littered with GTLs but they have cracked down on pool rules/alcohol/etc so i would think it's been cleaned up although i haven't even bothered to go there.

units themselves.. we had an issue with our faucet leaking but it was all addressed and the damaged floors fixed.. our balcony gets dusty and is a joke (in size; we knew it when we bought it and it wasnt a concern) so we rarely use it.. elevators have been down maybe 1-2x/yr on the 8TM side but apparently it's more of an issue on the 25C side - idk and idc.. during the flooding in July, the building was dry as a bone.. power was out for a few hours - no biggie..

security - yes there have been 3 documented incidents over 3 years (1 time the guy was caught i think); security has been beefed up and it's something you don't notice until there are issues.. i love the concierge for online shopping and parcel notification :)

visitor parking - SCARCE, especially on weekends.. weekdays it's usually ok..

condo board - i think they have been doing a great job keeping condo fees at 0% increase since the building was registered! they put on quarterly-ish events (parties) but actually i havent heard from/about them much except at the annual general meetings..

property management - no complaints, no praises either - didnt have to deal with them

music/noise - i would be pissed if i lived near the garbage chute / elevators.. the elevator beeping and people slamming the chute would drive me crazy.. but I dont so i don't hear it.. as for music, you can only hear it as you walk by the unit in the hallway as it escapes through the door but from unit to unit you can't hear ANYTHING - I walked by the neighbours blasting tunes and was afraid that it would be heard in our unit.. even when i put my ear to the wall, i heard nothing.. SOMETIMES you can feel the muffled bass.. it's rare

if you plan on blasting music after 10 pm and you live next to me, expect to get a knock on the door from security each time :D if i can't throw garbage down the chute between 10pm and 8am (condo rule) then you better be quiet too.. sometimes if we're up we let it slide and often people leave by 11-11:30 to go clubbing.. yes at 3am we have had them fall on our door with a thud, not often but it happens.. sometimes people treat the condo like a dorm and run in the hallway drunk but that's what security is for.. it happens maybe 1ce a month in the warmer months..

the people upstairs, they party but as long as they keep the balcony door closed we can't hear shit..

at the end of the day for us it was proximity to work and entertainment with a decently sized unit and we got exactly what we wanted.. are we happy? absolutely.. are there moments where we have WTF moments? of course; it's bound to happen when you deal with people :D

if you have specific questions, just ask

Your music will be heard loud and clear in virtually any condo in the city, especially Luna.

riiiiight, is this an opinion or a fact? see my responses above..

majic, huge thanks for the throrough review of luna, this was exactly what i was looking for!

your review gives me a really good idea of what to expect at luna.

i was suprised by the maintenance cost as well - how long has this condo been occupied for?

majic, huge thanks for the throrough review of luna, this was exactly what i was looking for!

your review gives me a really good idea of what to expect at luna.

i was suprised by the maintenance cost as well - how long has this condo been occupied for?

no worries, I figured you may want to hear some details first hand.. as I said, your experience may be different depending on who lives around you and what you make of it so it all depends on you and your neighbours.

occupancy: march 2010
registration: july/august? 2010 i forget now but it was pretty quick compared to average (< 6 months for sure)

so we're just over 3 years in operations..

Another 3 years have passed... how are things going with Luna?
Particularly in terms of building construction quality, security, and neighbours.

Another 3 years have passed... how are things going with Luna?
Particularly in terms of building construction quality, security, and neighbours.

A lawsuit against the developer, construction company, and HVAC company has been launched to recoup the cost of replacing the risers at 25 Capreol - as they were installed incorrectly which lead to a banging sound in some units. Didn't seem to be an issue in 8 Telegram though. Condo fees have still never gone up and the elevator issues seem to have been resolved. It's still pretty much the same security staff, so they know everyone. They call guests out when someone doesn't buzz in. Elevators also now have key-fob access activated after 10pm so no one can head up without a fob. They were going to activate it 24/7 as of Jan. 1st but seem to have backed off from that decision.

It's still a young crowd in the building, so its noisy on weekends, though some floors are pretty quiet.

A lawsuit against the developer, construction company, and HVAC company has been launched to recoup the cost of replacing the risers at 25 Capreol - as they were installed incorrectly which lead to a banging sound in some units. Didn't seem to be an issue in 8 Telegram though. Condo fees have still never gone up and the elevator issues seem to have been resolved. It's still pretty much the same security staff, so they know everyone. They call guests out when someone doesn't buzz in. Elevators also now have key-fob access activated after 10pm so no one can head up without a fob. They were going to activate it 24/7 as of Jan. 1st but seem to have backed off from that decision.

It's still a young crowd in the building, so its noisy on weekends, though some floors are pretty quiet.

I noticed it's only been a couple months since you replied but are things still going well with Luna?

I noticed it's only been a couple months since you replied but are things still going well with Luna?

As a result of the issue I mentioned months ago (Risers), maintenance fees will be increasing each year for the next 3 years in order to top off the reserve again.

The board was also undercharged for water for several years and now has a massive water bill to pay - but is being covered within the increases mentioned above. They are now about to replace all of the toilets in the building with low flush toilets too.

Overall, it’s still one of the best buildings in CityPlace in terms of management and maintenance.

Back