Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

They should introduce fish and lily pads
There you go:

Love Park Modified.jpg

I went down there yesterday, and it does look nice, though there's not a lot going on. I'm not against having a spot with a lot of benches for office workers to eat their lunch, but that seems to be pretty much what it's for. I don't think I'd bother bringing the toddler down there.

I went down there yesterday, and it does look nice, though there's not a lot going on. I'm not against having a spot with a lot of benches for office workers to eat their lunch, but that seems to be pretty much what it's for. I don't think I'd bother bringing the toddler down there.
To each their own I guess. I'm not sure what a park needs to be for other than relaxing in a nature-oriented space 😅. I am nor an office worker nor someone eating their lunch and I appreciate the spots for me to hang out and read in (relative) tranquility.

To each their own I guess. I'm not sure what a park needs to be for other than relaxing in a nature-oriented space 😅. I am nor an office worker nor someone eating their lunch and I appreciate the spots for me to hang out and read in (relative) tranquility.

@evandyk is a parent, so I understand looking at a park space through that lens.

But lets add, not every park should be evaluated solely, or primarily though that lens.

Parks have a few broad purposes, and generally speaking every park should meet at least one, if not two of these well, but very few can do most or all of these well at the same time. You need a very large park for that!

- Nature/Ecological preservation; both at the large scale, and at the smaller scale, as respite from the concrete jungle.

- Visually enriching environment; garden/flowers, fountains, a spot that showcases a great view

- Social gathering (Group picnic, family picnic, teen hang-out, small-scale concert venue, yeah, let's be honest now, pick-up spot, LOL )

- Sports/Recreation (soccer pitches, baseball diamonds, tennis courts etc.)

- A great space for kids (playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, places to bike/mountain bike, places to explore.)

- Passive recreation space (make your own adventure); (most overtly, a beach, but might be a woodlot, a swamp, or just an open field w/no preordained purpose.)

Last edited:
Agreed. About 2 weeks ago I met up with a friend who lived nearby and we just sat on the edge of the pond and chatted for a couple of hours - a very pleasant way to pass the time, whether alone or with other people. I also saw families with takeouts from nearby businesses having a picnic (hopefully they cleaned up after themselves).

My only gripe with this park is the lack of more mature trees. I know the ones they planted will grow eventually but I would have liked to see lots of larger trees and a more robust tree canopy to start off.

That's about the only thing the old "park" had going for it.

Back