Toronto Love Park | 3m | 1s | City of Toronto | CCxA

Is that the full water level we’re seeing?

Based on this 'zoomed' photo of @rdaner

1686680431864.png

I would say yes, this represents full 'normal' for the pond/pool.

You can see the river rock is now covered; and it's just a few cms (looks like 6-8cm to me) below the curb for the island.

That seems just about right. You wouldn't want lower, but you wouldn't want much higher. The water should be about 1/2 way up the skimmer hatch. (the drain/filter) Any higher impairs system function.

That's the best it's ever going to look before vandalism and neglect set in.

I don't think that's true, I certainly hope it isn't; and I don't think you should be so defeatist.

Sugar Beach looks great, Music Garden looks great, Berczy looks pretty darn good too.

Not every Toronto park is beset by neglect or vandalism. Yes, quite a few are; and I'll be the first to call out Parks on that..........

But it's certainly not a given that there will be problems here; and with the BIA and WT both involved in maintaining the space in some fashion and being vested stakeholders, I have some cautious confidence that this park
will be well cared for.

Let's then add, I expect that when the vines grow and the trees grow, this space will actually improve over time.

Such a shame this isn’t a bigger park area near CN Tower. I’m dead set on Claude Cormier doing a series of Love Parks throughout the city.
It would light up & help beautify the downtown core & break up all that concrete & those blue grey skyscrapers.
Red❤️ Green 💚 Blue💙 heart shaped ponds in T.O.
City of Paris would do that. NYC would do that. Montreal would do that. Toronto? Nope.

Such a shame this isn’t a bigger park area near CN Tower. I’m dead set on Claude Cormier doing a series of Love Parks throughout the city.
It would light up & help beautify the downtown core & break up all that concrete & those blue grey skyscrapers.
Red❤️ Green 💚 Blue💙 heart shaped ponds in T.O.
City of Paris would do that. NYC would do that. Montreal would do that. Toronto? Nope.
There's actually a nice little string of more interesting and "designed" parks along the waterfront: From west to east you have the Music Garden, HTO, Love Park, Sugar Beach and Sherbourne Common. Perhaps the city could come up with a sort of wayfinding/park route thing that people could use to make a self-guided walking tour.

Granted, I would never say no to more parks; especially interesting themed ones like Love Park and the others.

Back