News   May 21, 2024
 210     0 
News   May 17, 2024
 3.2K     5 

Lounge Chairs in Condos

sungs

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well got this idea from the other thread, but I was wondering what your ideal lounge chair is, more specifically one that would suit the size of a 600 sq ft condo. I find it's harder to pull off a lounge chair in a small space when everything is competing for real estate. Ideally I would like an Eames Lounge Chair, however not for the 4k price tag!!! And I don't want a poor quality knock off either.

So beyond the Womb Chairs, and Papa Bear type chairs, what is an interesting yet ergonomic solution? The Delano chairs at Style Garage look interesting, but I'l have to sit in one to convince myself if its comfy. My price range would be around 1k or a bit more. Not interested in knock offs of design standards, Id rather have something with durability and less ubiquitous. Ideas?

Last edited:
I agree, it's a bit tough to manage in these tiny condos we live in.

Instead of getting a lounge chair, I just got a bi-sectional sofa with a chaise longue at one end. However, I had it customized to shorten the length (of the longue) by several inches, since I was putting it next to my balcony sliding door and didn't want to block access to balcony. Unfortunately this means my feet are hanging slightly off the end - LOL! I'm 5'11".

I thought it was a good trade off instead of going for a separate 3-seat sofa + lounge chair.

For you, I think perhaps the womb chair is your best bet.

I don't like delano chairs. They're not comfy.

Yeah Coltaine, I think I'm headed for a similar solution. I've always been in love with the idea/concept of having that chair to retire to after a long day's work, but need to be efficient with space. I was thinking of doing the chaise lounge thing AS WELL as a lounge chair, but I'm now realizing that would be overkill. Maybe I'l just get a Fat Boy chair or something to drag around!

Yeah Coltaine, I think I'm headed for a similar solution. I've always been in love with the idea/concept of having that chair to retire to after a long day's work, but need to be efficient with space. I was thinking of doing the chaise lounge thing AS WELL as a lounge chair, but I'm now realizing that would be overkill. Maybe I'l just get a Fat Boy chair or something to drag around!

What I did (which was sorta overkill) is I got the bisectional sofa with chaise longue (longue not lounge ;) ) but also get a matching ottoman. So when i'm "lounging" on the sofa portion of my furniture, I stretch my legs onto the ottoman. And when I'm lounging on the longue, I simply stretch out my legs. Thus, my legs are stretched out at all times ;)

Back