News   Jul 03, 2024
 322     0 
News   Jul 03, 2024
 260     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 1.2K     0 

loud motorcycles

You simply need to require that the original exhaust is installed (and cannot be removed or modified) and make a sound level test part of the biannual sticker renewal.

you get a ticket, similar to burnt out headlights

put your stock exhaust back on

go to courts, show your original exhaust is on.

ticket is tossed out.

you get a ticket, similar to burnt out headlights

put your stock exhaust back on

go to courts, show your original exhaust is on.

ticket is tossed out.

That doesn't work with parking tickets ("now my car is in my driveway so that proves it wasn't in the disabled spot three weeks ago") so why would it work with the exhaust ticket?

I think we should just ban the sale of the loud after-market pipes etc. We've done that with lots of other things.

That doesn't work with parking tickets ("now my car is in my driveway so that proves it wasn't in the disabled spot three weeks ago") so why would it work with the exhaust ticket?

I think we should just ban the sale of the loud after-market pipes etc. We've done that with lots of other things.

half of those harleys or v-twins dont even use an exhaust. its just custom bent pipes.

exhaust=muffler, resonator and silencer

you cant ban metal pipes....

Caledon and Oakville both have a by-law which follow SAE J2825. Toronto has no such by-law nor is there a provision in the HTA for decibel level.

Caledon and Oakville both have a by-law which follow SAE J2825. Toronto has no such by-law nor is there a provision in the HTA for decibel level.

Several other municipalities have similar by-laws or are considering them. So, probably, eventually, there will be stronger provincial laws or enforcement or whatever. Researching around the internet it seems the motorcycle community is itself divided. Those opposed to loud pipes feel that it's bad PR for all motorcyclists and undermines other goals, like getting drivers to look out for them, give them space on the roads etc. Baby steps.

I seriously hate this, even on a main street, and I'm fairly sure everyone hates them as well ... motorcycles in general tend to be loud ... that's OK ... its those that are 10 times louder then buses when they go by I have an issue with, I'm sure it exceeds what's considered to cause damage to the ear as well, now given this only last for a couple seconds it doesn't but anyway ...

Though I wouldn't condone this, on a couple occasions, I've seen someone on such a loud bike, drive around (and they're typically obnoxious drivers at that), park and go into a store, when people walk by I've heard on separate occasions, "we should trash that bike" or something along those lines ... and when hearing that I typically laugh but agree with them.

I seriously hate this, even on a main street, and I'm fairly sure everyone hates them as well ... motorcycles in general tend to be loud ... that's OK ... its those that are 10 times louder then buses when they go by I have an issue with, I'm sure it exceeds what's considered to cause damage to the ear as well, now given this only last for a couple seconds it doesn't but anyway ...

Though I wouldn't condone this, on a couple occasions, I've seen someone on such a loud bike, drive around (and they're typically obnoxious drivers at that), park and go into a store, when people walk by I've heard on separate occasions, "we should trash that bike" or something along those lines ... and when hearing that I typically laugh but agree with them.

It's my understanding that the motorcycles that comply with the regulations (i.e. no louder than with their original equipment) are no noisier than a car. And that enforcement for over-loud cars has been mostly successful. You don't often encounter a car with crazy-loud exhaust anymore. So it can be done.

Today I heard easily several dozen loud motorcycles go past my place, and the day's not over yet.:mad:

I feel like I see fewer motorcycles in Toronto than other Canadian cities. When I was out west in Edmonton and Calgary they were literally everywhere.

I find them extremely obnoxious. Few things get my blood boiling as quickly as trying to have a nice stroll and conversation on a nice day on Queen street for example and the having these assholes blow by, drowning everything out with their insane volume.

I think you should be aloud to shoot loud motorcycles with a pellet gun from your balcony if you want. They are that obnoxious. I mean really - exactly how small is your penis?

Ban the shit out of these loud things. They serve no purpose but to disrupt neighbourhoods and give people near heart-attacks. I remember feeling like my heart skipped a beat on several occasions. They are loud and obnoxious and serve no benefit to the city.

I ride a Vespa and I'm familiar with the concept of"loud pipes save lives". I'm not sure there is any evidence for this other than anecdotes. I don't like the extremely loud motorcycles that one can hear inside one's home with closed windows and doors. There are cars that are also almost as loud and I wish the noise by laws would be enforced on all offenders. But, unfortunately, that appears to be very hard to do.

Back