News   May 21, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 636     0 
News   May 21, 2024
 483     0 

Long Escalators in Toronto

the moving sidewalks in T1 are discontinuous tho, and technically they aren't in toronto

I thought the escalator at Lawrence was longer than the one at York Mills. I think the biggest in the city is in the theatre at John and Richmond.

It wasn't very long, but the ancient rickety wooden escalator in the Eatons store that was torn down before the Eaton Centre was built was the most fun!

Montreal also has some impressive escalators. Lucien l'Allier Metro comes to mind.
Indeed, impressive. That station is so deep, yet for some reason I always get a cell signal in it.

It wasn't very long, but the ancient rickety wooden escalator in the Eatons store that was torn down before the Eaton Centre was built was the most fun!

There's still one in College Park. Go in the south doors just off Yonge, and look just inside De Boers to the left. It's there.

I doubt it. This one was very rough and clunky. You felt like you were a turnip on a primitive farm conveyor belt. You had to hang on for dear life.

Babel: Are you sure you're not describing the late, lamented Flyer at the Ex?

I doubt it. This one was very rough and clunky. You felt like you were a turnip on a primitive farm conveyor belt. You had to hang on for dear life.

Oh, it's there... Not being used, but it's there.

For the curious, I measured the elevator at the Paramount. It has 75 steps x 20 cm/step = 1500 cm or 15 m vertical.

The turnip escalator is now part of the De Boars furniture store. I went in once, there are lots of overwrought furniture, and the woman at the front desk said i couldn't bring in my coffee, so i refused to spend any of the money i didn't have in there.

I stand corrected, and will check it out next time I'm cruising College Park. Thanks guys.

I recently went looking for a nicely designed bookcase, or book shelves, and couldn't find one anywhere. Don't people read real books anymore?

They make nice shelves for laptops now.

--

Go to Commute Home on Queen West (by Clairmount, south side) -- they use chunks of reused wood and steel and stuff to make nice things. You could see if they would make you a bookshelf.

Thanks. I'll check them out. I was thinking of getting something custom made if I can't find it in a store.

It's mildly yuppie, but it's good. In fact, i'm typing on a commute home dining room table right now.

In the back of the store they have a streetcar role of i think the old King car, with all the old loops. (I asked, it's a recreation).

Back