News   May 10, 2024
 987     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 962     0 

Lofts & Pets

admc

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a loft in the fall/winter 2008, and I'm considering getting a pet now (a parrot).

Does anyone know if there are many pet-friendly loft buildings out there? If they are few and far between, then, I guess, I won't get a pet.

I'm looking to buy a loft in the fall/winter 2008, and I'm considering getting a pet now (a parrot).

Does anyone know if there are many pet-friendly loft buildings out there? If they are few and far between, then, I guess, I won't get a pet.

I've looked into it and it seems to be pretty evenly split. It might be safer to look at an existing building that has 'tolerated' pets for a while. With the unbuilt buildings it may be a crap shoot what happens when the Board is formed and decides to start changing the rules. Although they usually 'grandfather' any existing pets, if you want to get a new pet after Polly dies, you'd better look for a building that is historically pet friendly.

i thought that 'no pet clauses' were not enforceable. this of course excludes dangerous exotic pets.

The Condominium Act exempts condos from the Ontario Supreme Court ruling about banning pets from residential buildings. Therefore, you can have Polly (or Killer, the doberman) in your tenament slum, but not in your luxury condo.

I've looked into it and it seems to be pretty evenly split. It might be safer to look at an existing building that has 'tolerated' pets for a while. With the unbuilt buildings it may be a crap shoot what happens when the Board is formed and decides to start changing the rules. Although they usually 'grandfather' any existing pets, if you want to get a new pet after Polly dies, you'd better look for a building that is historically pet friendly.

If the Board changes a by-law, for example to get rid of dogs, owners can requisition a meeting to hold a vote on the issue.

The Condominium Act exempts condos from the Ontario Supreme Court ruling about banning pets from residential buildings. Therefore, you can have Polly (or Killer, the doberman) in your tenament slum, but not in your luxury condo.

Amazing!
By sheer coincidence my nephew has a both a Cucatoo parrot and a Doberman. The parrot's name is Killer and the dogs name is Polly. ...really.

Back