News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 957     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 361     0 

Life in Scarborough

I live in the heart of Malvern and I'm one of those youths who you might feel uncomfortable around. I just don't understand your state of mind. How can you be afraid of something or someone that hasn't caused you trouble?
Easily. I am always nervous, if not scared of male, black, youths. I am ashamed to admit it, I know this is Canada, and as an immigrant myself I should know better, but when I'm on a bus or subway, and I see a half dozen black males in gangst'a wear getting on or walking toward me, my fear and defence rises. I'm sorry, but that's just the case.

If half a dozen black youths dressed like Carlton got on my bus, I wouldn't be scared at all:
CarltonDance.gif

Most younger people that I see in Scarborough seem to be dressed like "thugs" and carry themselves in a way that makes them appear as if they are angry or have something to prove.
It's no different then in the 70's and 80's. 'Younger people' tended to grow longer hair, wear read plaid lumber jackets, construction boots and light up a joint waiting at the bus stop. It's no different now, except we settled matters with our fists not guns.

Charming as the pants-half-down look is, I'm dreading the day when it catches on with middle aged businessmen on Bay Street.

Are you kidding? I'm hoping that day happens as soon as possible. In addition I would love to see it in use by the elderly. Businessmen and elderly people wearing those clothes would end the fad real quick. Mission accomplished.

Do not go to Scarborough , i recently moved back here after living on my for some time for personal reasons. Anyhow, it sucks here, and all the jobs are west or south central.

I currently can't wait until i GTFO out of here, and i barely pay rent right now and it still SUCKS. If you absolutely have to go to Sccarborough try to go central of west scarborough.

^ Where were you living before and what exactly is it about Scarborough as a whole that you do not like? Much like any other large swath of area, Scarborough is huge and neighborhoods within it will vary from block to block.

I’l As a white, gap wearing, ipod toting university student I seem to stand out like a sore thumb. Most younger people that I see in Scarborough seem to be dressed like "thugs" and carry themselves in a way that makes them appear as if they are angry or have something to prove.
You're just in the sh#tty part of Scarborough. My parents live south of Kingston Road, near Markham Rd. and you won't find anyone fitting that description there. It's middle class, regular working folk. You're more likely to find a mom jogging with your matching ipod than your gangsta.

I don't know why people love to hate on Scarborough. I have a family member who never lived outside of Scarborough. He used to live in Malvern (Brenyon Way), Cougar Court, Markham & Lawrence, Markham & Eglinton, Dolly Varden, Mornelle Court and Dean Park. He was proud as hell about Scarborough abs didn't know nothing about any other part of the city. Scarborough is so diverse though. Parts of Kingston road might look shade, but go south of that by the Bluffs and you have some nice neighbourhoods. North Scarborough are practically all nice houses.

If you're worried about there being an aggressive 'white vs non-white' aura to the place, don't worry, there's no such thing. Other than Asiancourt, most if not all Scarborough neighbourhoods are mixed with all sorts of people - thugs just tend to stand out.
I grew up in Scarborough, first on Fallingbrook and Kingston Road, then on Fenwood Heights (McCowan, south of Kingston Road. I've never lived in the non-white areas you describe above - where I grew up in the 198os and 1990s it was as multocultural as Barrie, lol

I live in Southwest Scarborough and there is very little crime here. It's very diverse but people don't bother each other.

Back