News   Jul 26, 2024
 102     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 580     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 480     1 

Lesbians with Dogs Looking to Move to Toronto

A bit farther from downtown, High Park has off-leash areas, and there seem to be almost as many dogs as people in the apartments around High Park station.

always glad to welcome new people to the city... I just dont know why anyone living in a nice, warm year round climate would want to give it up for our winters? Lots of people here would love to move south... maybe you could look for a house exchange.

I assume you know you can't just 'move to Toronto'. Canada is a foreign country not another State. That's not to say we would not love to have you, and your dogs, here but so many Americans think they just need to arrive....

Wow! You've all been so helpful! Except for maybe picard102, I didn't really follow that so much! Anyway! Thank you for all the help/suggestions. :)

I assume you know you can't just 'move to Toronto'. Canada is a foreign country not another State. That's not to say we would not love to have you, and your dogs, here but so many Americans think they just need to arrive....

Oh no! I definitely know it's not an easy thing to do and couldn't imagine just arriving anywhere for that matter and setting up shop without the proper research and time spent. I really just needed some guidance as where to begin.

Have you worked out the immigration yet? It's actually a lot more frustrating than you might expect, but it's not impossible. You're looking to move here permanently, I assume?

always glad to welcome new people to the city... I just dont know why anyone living in a nice, warm year round climate would want to give it up for our winters? Lots of people here would love to move south... maybe you could look for a house exchange.

To be quite honest, the weather is our biggest concern with wanting to move so far up north however we're both looking for a big change and a nice welcoming city to live in. The US although "trying" to be progressive only goes so far. Toronto offers us a better chance at the type of life we'd like to have where FL does not.

Have you worked out the immigration yet? It's actually a lot more frustrating than you might expect, but it's not impossible. You're looking to move here permanently, I assume?

We need to make many trips before we get into working out the immigration stuff, but yes we'd like the move to be permanent :)

Frustrating is alright by me so long as it is possible :)

We need to make many trips before we get into working out the immigration stuff, but yes we'd like the move to be permanent :)

Frustrating is alright by me so long as it is possible :)

Possible but VERY slow - take a look at the government website at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ci-ci/Immigration-Immigrer.aspx Acceptance is based on a points system (with points for education, age, languages, job skills etc). You can fill in a tst form online to see your possible 'score'.

Even if you have lots of points it takes ages - at least 18-24 months.

you can find helpful links from this blogger who moved from NYC to Toronto. The blogger's views are far too "progressive", "left-wing"...for my tastes, but the site also contains some helpful information as well as links to gay and lesbian americans who made the move to toronto. Look for the section called "how to move to canada"

www.wmtc.ca

you can find helpful links from this blogger who moved from NYC to Toronto. The blogger's views are far too "progressive", "left-wing"...for my tastes, but the site also contains some helpful information as well as links to gay and lesbian americans who made the move to toronto. Look for the section called "how to move to canada"

www.wmtc.ca

Thank you! This is very helpful!

All apartments take dogs, it's the law but there are "on-leash" requirements when on the apartment property (inside and outside) but there are lots of parks nearby..

True, BUT, beware, if you rent a privately owned condo/townhome/home, many owners will not rent to anyone with pets, not much can really be done about this other than move on to the next option.

Back