News   Jul 15, 2024
 350     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 513     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 

Leaside Village Shopping Centre Expansion (First Capital, 2s, Scoler Lee & Associates Architects)

Is the Shoppers from the Bayview main street area moving here? I'm assuming they won't keep both Shoppers on Bayview (the other one is just north of Broadway), and open this one in addition.

Is the Shoppers from the Bayview main street area moving here? I'm assuming they won't keep both Shoppers on Bayview (the other one is just north of Broadway), and open this one in addition.

Likely not, since:
- the Bayview & Millwood SDM was renovated a few years ago
- Bayview & Broadway SDM is basically brand new building
- Shoppers Drug Mart location strategy seems to be try to locate at/near every major intersection of major arterial roads (generally 2km from each other but fine with 1km if density is there), every shopping centre/district,... grab key locations to keep competitors out.
This site midway point from recently renovated Bayview & Millwood SDM and popular East York Town Centre SDM
But north of Laird, SDM has a "Wellwise" mobility shop in the plaza with Winners, LCBO, Sobeys that might be more of a candidate to move & consolidate,...
BTW, in North York Centre, just witnessed SDM close their mid-block location at Ultima condo to move to Empress Walk at North York Centre Subway Station - already at Yonge Sheppard Centre (Sheppard-Yonge Subway Station) and Yonge & Finch (Finch Subway Station) - here fine with 1km distance since high density and target subway station location where there's higher local foot traffic

Remember, there is projected to be large increase in population density in the surrounding area in the coming decade, not to mention the coming opening of the Crosstown.

I was under the impression that Petsmart and Shoppers would move back into the RioCan plaza though after development.

Back