News   Jul 24, 2024
 489     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 408     0 

layout opinion

carturo15

Member Bio
Reaction score
Guys, what do you think about this layout?

Attachments

• 1b_richmond.jpg
    1b_richmond.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 389
Hi there Carturo,

I'm not too fond of the layout and perhaps some others will agree. There's a bit of wasted space in the foyer leading to the kitchen. The bedroom seems to be a little too small and no natural light from a direct window. Overall, the layout is poor likely due to the restricted space between the concrete walls. Is it your only choice?

hi carturo15, what project is this from and how big is the suite?

PROS:
  • S facing but since it's on a lower floor and without knowing location, there may not be any benefit to that;
  • walk-in closet (8 linear ft of hanging space) in bedroom;

CONS:
  • it's a long and narrow space ... gives a bowling alley effect;
  • LONG hallway of wasted space (~20 ft long);
  • VERY small entry closet (~ 2ft);
  • interior bedroom (some like it, some hate it ... cough 'solaris' cough);
  • linear kitchen with limited countertop and storage space;
  • DR is used as a major thru-path so you'll have limited options for dining tabe + chairs placement;
  • LR is less than 12'6" x 11'6" listed (more like 9'6" x 11'6") since area in front of balcony door must be kept unobstructed ... that may also mean that you will be restricted on furniture placement options.

Last edited:
Victory Condos (king&Spadina), 630 sq ft. south facing unit on 5th floor. it should have a nice CN Tower view as the historic buildings across the street are only 4 and 5 storeys.

It is 12 ft linear kitchen with lower and upper cabinets, the countertop space is not that bad

from what i see, it only has 4 ft of base lower cabinet (i don't count the sink area since it's depth and plumbing takes up about 1/2 the available space, plus the rest is usually used for garbage can and cleaning supplies), 10 ft of upper cabinet space and 5.5 ft countertop.

Back