News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 551     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Layout opinion Open Loft

I notice there's no closet. I like the size of the living/dining room. I hate linear kitchens but this one could work well if you add an island. All in all, not bad...I don't like the lack of closet space though.

I really like it.

You can easily make it a 1 bedroom. 9'4"x9'0" is only slightly smaller than a standard bedroom and is probably becoming standard among many new developments.

Closet space appears to be an issue. I have a question: Is that a closet or a pantry next to the dishwasher at the end of the counter by the door? The viscinity to the door assumes it is a closet, but it looks different. It certainly isn't structural and could probably be taken out.

I know a lot of people don't like linear kitchens, but they make a lot of floor plans work. If you could take the closet/pantry out and extend the counter to be L-shaped then it won't take up the living space. If you made it into a 1-bedroom, you could have closets along the new wall.

There's a lot of flexibility with this floor plan outside of there being a shower vs. a tub.

That is a modular wood veneered standing closet, it comes with shelving and hanging bar. it is finished on all 4 sides and available in multiple colours so you place it wherever you want, you can even use it as a room divider for the bedroom instead of building a wall. the floorplan only shows one closet unit but you can get from the builder 1 or 2 more

I like it - but I also LOVE linear kitchens. The 12' ceilings will make it feel more like 750ft. Build a closet to separate your living and bedroom area and you're set!

Last edited:
I was checking out the website.
Beautiful building with outstanding loft units. The units are generally pretty spacious and having 12' ceilings is an even bigger plus.
This unit's floor plan is very flexible, and partitioning the bedroom is very easy.

I like the loft, a few possibilities.

You could install a pull down bed, it is high enough, or you could create an elevated bed (6 ft above ground with stairs along the side to get up there), and underneath create a walk in storage/closet - and a work/study area towards the window area. That would leave most of the area open.

If you plan on using the kitchen - an island would be a necessity to give you a reasonable working area in the kitchen - maybe a small wine fridge underneath as well (nothing fancy).

The best orientation for a small suite indeed.The long part of the rectangle with windows.
What is the psf?

The best orientation for a small suite indeed.The long part of the rectangle with windows.
What is the psf?

$370 psf, very good price for the location and the product. it's located in the quartier international, the best location in downtown Montreal

Back