News   Jul 26, 2024
 997     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.7K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     3 

Landlord/Tenant question...

First I've heard it's a 3 bedroom. Perhaps if you were a little more honest in your posts you wouldn't have been attacked so much.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have a nice day.

First I've heard it's a 3 bedroom. Perhaps if you were a little more honest in your posts you wouldn't have been attacked so much.

So you always base your posts on ridiculous assumptions?
Was I ever misleading or dishonest? NO.
Should I include my shoe size as well?

Do you know that 3 people in a 450 sq foot studio is legal?
Did you think this place was smaller than that???

btw... just in case you need it for a future post, I wear an 11 1/2 shoe.

But when said agreements hold no weight in a court of law it is unfair to expect anyone to be bound by them regardless.

I could agree to pay half for some illegal drugs now, and then the other half later.

Good luck trying to collect my second payment through the legal system, just because you can agree to something doesn't mean you should either...
Ignorance of the law is no excuse for being a shitty landlord and asking for things you're not entitled to.

Trust me, if I bought illegal drugs for 1/2 up front and 1/2 later, I'm going to pay the 1/2 later. You don't screw over a drug dealer.

Similarly, it's a good idea to try and maintain good relations with your landlord. Some agreements, while not legally binding, are worth keeping as long as they're reasonable. I would put not having pets and the number of tenants in this group of agreements.

Now we can tell you where to put it

Ok but before I can do that you'll have to bend over first. I would rather it be you seeing how I would never enjoy such an act.

Trust me, if I bought illegal drugs for 1/2 up front and 1/2 later, I'm going to pay the 1/2 later. You don't screw over a drug dealer.

Similarly, it's a good idea to try and maintain good relations with your landlord. Some agreements, while not legally binding, are worth keeping as long as they're reasonable. I would put not having pets and the number of tenants in this group of agreements.

I do kind of agree with and I was trying to provide an extreme example.
However when it comes to matters such as basic human rights (I think tenant rights fall under this category since we're all entitled to having a roof over our heads - debate that all you want that's my opinion) the law must be viewed as absolute. A person who owns the property should not be able to exercise such control over an occupant, and the laws written agree with that, so why should they be able to enforce agreements that aren't legal?

Maybe the laws are extreme, but they prevent people from suddenly becoming homeless and in my opinion that's a great thing. Dead beat tenants will get what they deserve if the landlord follows the proper legal course of action anyway, the system isn't out to screw anyone over.

I've always paid my debts, honoured my bets and stood by any handshake agreements, and I've been a damn good tenant in the past. If a landlord oversteps their bounds, then so be it, they'll get what they deserve.

As for my situation, everything's fine now. We ignored the issue and it completely went away, he even said hi to me as he was shoveling his driveway on my way out yesterday. My roommate's agreed that if he wants to press an issue that he'll go no where on, ;et him, if not he'll drop it, and it seems he did (like all the other nonsense he's brought up in the past). Apparently he once complained that when my friend enters the house he stomps his feet too loud coming up the stairs, this guy's probably not completely healthy upstairs...

Last edited:
Dead beat tenants will get what they deserve if the landlord follows the proper legal course of action anyway, the system isn't out to screw anyone over.

You appear to be very naive.
A deadbeat tenant get's 6 months of free rent before the landlord can begin proceedings to evict. The landlord cannot even enter the property at this time, while the deadbeat tenant destroys it.

Your attitude towards your landlord is disgusting, you're the tenant from hell.

Your attitude towards your landlord is disgusting, you're the tenant from hell.

L.O.L. I will refrain from making any personal attacks, but based on your prior posts I think it's best left to ignore any of the drivel you post from this point onwards. Contact my prior landlords and you'll hear glowing recommendations (I know as I've been in the room when they were called as a reference).

so what you're saying is your friends' unit has separate meters for water, gas/furnace and hydro?

Yes, everyone gets billed separately. The only thing shared are the outlets in the garage (which I don't think we use) and the laundry which go to the landlords (first floor) unit. The laundry is coin washed though so it's perfectly reasonable that the landlord pays the utilities on it. The landlord isn't in any way affected by the presence of an extra house guest (other than hearing my footsteps go up the stairs lol). I think his wife (who has always been incredibly nice to me) talked some sense into him.

A deadbeat tenant get's 6 months of free rent before the landlord can begin proceedings to evict. The landlord cannot even enter the property at this time, while the deadbeat tenant destroys it.
The Landlord Tenant Act needs to be changed. Tenants that pay the rent on time and do no damage should be protected, while anyone who does not pay the rent, and I mean misses even one month, should be evicted immediately, even if it's February. It should not be a property owner's responsibility to provide no cost shelter to deadbeats. Housing in someone else's property is not a right, it's a contract plain and simple.

Last edited:
The Landlord Tenant Act needs to be changed. Tenants that pay the rent on time and do no damage should be protected, while anyone who does not pay the rent, and I mean misses even one month, should be evicted immediately, even if it's February. It should not be a property owner's responsibility to provide no cost shelter to deadbeats. Housing in someone else's property is not a right, it's a contract plain and simple.

While I agree with you in principle. Someone who gets into the business of being a landlord should know and be prepared for this in the first place. It's the nature of that particular business. There's no sense complaining about it when it happens to you when you knew the risks going into it.

Although there's a lot of truly nightmare tenants out there, there seems to be a hell of a lot of terrible landlords that have no respect for their rent-paying tenants, which is equally disgusting. I'm talking about landlords who don't respect their tenants legal rights (like the ones for this place) by entering without proper notice, asking unreasonable things of their tenants, demanding they do things that are contrary to the landlord tenant act etc etc... Those landlords are preying on the fact that their tenants don't actually know their rights, which is a pathetic act IMO and certain members of the UT forms are sticking up for that (just read this thread to see who). DISGUSTING.

While I agree with you in principle. Someone who gets into the business of being a landlord should know and be prepared for this in the first place. It's the nature of that particular business. There's no sense complaining about it when it happens to you when you knew the risks going into it.

Although there's a lot of truly nightmare tenants out there, there seems to be a hell of a lot of terrible landlords that have no respect for their rent-paying tenants, which is equally disgusting. I'm talking about landlords who don't respect their tenants legal rights (like the ones for this place) by entering without proper notice, asking unreasonable things of their tenants, demanding they do things that are contrary to the landlord tenant act etc etc... Those landlords are preying on the fact that their tenants don't actually know their rights, which is a pathetic act IMO and certain members of the UT forms are sticking up for that (just read this thread to see who). DISGUSTING.

So we all agree there are extreme examples of both the nightmare tenants and idiot landlords. As you indicated, both are apparently represented in this thread. I'm just glad I no longer have to deal with residential tenants period.

Back