News   Jul 02, 2024
 545     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Jul 02, 2024
 668     0 

Lamport Stadium Redevelopment

The Ex is only 3 weeks per year, and Ex Place is a wasteland of useless parking lots the other 49 weeks. BMO Field (a) filled in one of those lots, and (b) brings hundreds of thousands of people to Ex Place. Yes, Ex Place is underserviced by the TTC during the Ex, but the whole city is underserviced by transit. The WWLRT will be a godsend...

As will the DRL.

Wow a bump from 2008!

John Tory promised 'upgrades and improvements' to Lamport yesterday after the Wolfpack game in which they gained promotion to the Super League.

He specifically mentioned new seats. I wonder what else they can do? Probably not too much

I don't know what kind of appetite the new Canadian Premier League will have for a Toronto team what with TFC in the MLS, but if they were to launch one then Lamport Stadium would be a potentially good venue.

Shouldn't the Wolfpack try moving to BMO Field?

Wtf?

So....what was built as a football stadium is to become a complete waste of a pitch with not only hand egg mashing up the place but now rugby as well?

Cool story, bro....tell it again.

I don't know what kind of appetite the new Canadian Premier League will have for a Toronto team what with TFC in the MLS, but if they were to launch one then Lamport Stadium would be a potentially good venue.

Um.....York 9, bruv.

Anyway, another footy club at Lamport would be hilarious fun. Playing the Reds would be derbylicious. I'm still waiting to play York or Hamilton in championship play.

...but, nah...leave it for the rugby

Um.....York 9, bruv.
Well clearly that team is for York Region. :p

I think they will try and push for a Mississauga based team soon.

Given the attendance figures of York 9, I am thinking that it may be difficult for CPL to crack into the markets of the MLS cities. If there was a team that could work within Toronto proper, it is probably a team based in Scarborough. Scarborough seems to have a distinct enough identity to be able to built a community around a CPL team and have it coexist with Toronto FC. A new stadium would have to be built for that though.

But a team at Lamport Stadium would be fun. Call it West Toronto FC or something. :)

Wtf?

So....what was built as a football stadium is to become a complete waste of a pitch with not only hand egg mashing up the place but now rugby as well?

Cool story, bro....tell it again.
BMO was originally intended for both soccer and football.

BMO was originally intended for both soccer and football.

Yes, yes. Soccer is football.

Or are you talking hand egg?

Oh, and is that why it was referred to as the National Soccer Stadium upon being completed?

Get out of hereach with that hand egg nonsense.

Gotta love the irony of fans of a third rate soccer league being aggressively snobby about other sports.

I don't think so. The end zone is too short for CFL - but they made an exception and allowed its use.
(and I think the first game of the season, the Argos failed to run out a missed field goal because the end zone was too short (maybe 2m?).
I should clarify that the city approved it as a stadium that could be converted to football format. It was only because MLSE (which didn't own the Argos at the time) was given control of the project that it was built the way it was.

Gotta love the irony of fans of a third rate soccer league being aggressively snobby about other sports.

Rather easy when talking about hand egg which is just a boring and slow rugby for pussies. Third-rate? I see you're not very familiar with football. It all makes sense now.

I should clarify that the city approved it as a stadium that could be converted to football format. It was only because MLSE (which didn't own the Argos at the time) was given control of the project that it was built the way it was.

Yes, yes, have you seen the conversion in practice? Did said conversion include ruining a perfectly fine pitch?

I don't understand why those hand eggers wouldn't want their own stadium. Playing at a ground that is bathed in opposition colours must be great for morale.

It's like those losers in New York playing on a baseball field.

Back