News   Jul 26, 2024
 649     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Lack of meaningful Passenger Rail service outside the Quebec-Windsor Corridor

It's not helpful to discuss the wishes and plans of a political party based off your own characterization of their beliefs and ideas. "The current CPC is very anti-public institutions, and anti-crown corporation" isn't an in-depth of analysis of their plans and rhetoric, its a conspiracy theory where you attach hidden motives and a hidden agenda that is contrary to public written policy.
No one would have predicted Daniel Smith would have put forth a plan for passenger rail in Alberta.

I keep asking here what evidence there actually is for the theory of PP or the Conservatives hating HFR (or VIA) and all I got was a newspaper article from 2012, when VIA’s subsidy need was higher than today and its ridership substantially lower, while proposing something like HFR would have looked outlandish…
I have seen a few people claim that they spoke to PP, where he described VIA HFR as a boondoggle, and for what its worth I do think the claim is true. However in the presence of every other piece of evidence, and the lack of any context with that statement, its difficult to put any strong weight on that claim. The prime minister isn't some dictatorial position, you still have to keep your political backers and special interest groups (political doners and voters) happy, and if the caucus doesn't agree with PP's position, then what he thinks and says on the matter in private settings is irrelevant in the grand scheme of official party policy.

Back