L Tower Condos (Cityzen, Castlepoint Realty, Fernbrook Homes) - Real Estate -

Get an electrician to do any installations or risk voiding your insurance and Tarion coverage

This sounds terrible, but I echo others who say this, unfortunately, is very common for pre-construction purchases - I've lived through it myself. Hope everything gets resolved quickly!

Just because same issues happening all the time, doesn't mean that is OK!

Safety is a big issue which ignored completely in these situation, for example; Ontario requires Barrier Free units in every floor,
just imagine those on wheelchair or those elderly having to walk 50 floors down and up!

Crisis happen sometimes, but in case of unfinished condos, they happen all the time!

Just because same issues happening all the time, doesn't mean that is OK!

Safety is a big issue which ignored completely in these situation, for example; Ontario requires Barrier Free units in every floor,
just imagine those on wheelchair or those elderly having to walk 50 floors down and up!

Crisis happen sometimes, but in case of unfinished condos, they happen all the time!
In looking at the previous posts, I don't think anyone is saying it's okay, however this isn't going to change overnight - it requires political pressure on your MPP.

In fact, I completely empathize with you. In one place I lived, the developer literally had to remove the whole outside wall of the building shortly after I occupied. It was not fun, to put it mildly.

It's not okay but it will not change. Too much money at stake and the purchasers have no power...unless they stop buying condos altogether.

This is my third pre-con condo and it is the first time I have seen anything like this myself. My first two experiences were amazing. Everything done pretty much on time, registered within one or two months of my occupancy, and no major construction issues. Perhaps standards have eroded over the last ten years.
The flooding, the lack of water and the lack of elevators today has been beyond ridiculous but at least the property manager sent frequent update emails throughout the day so we knew it was being handled. The water came back but they are saying the elevators will take a couple of weeks and will be reduced to one elevator per bank until everything is fixed and no one can book an elevator for moving. People will not be able to move.

At least my unit itself was very well done. I had almost no deficiencies and they were all fixed. It's the common areas that seem to be in a constant state of construction or disrepair. I'm glad the building is registered but I hope it doesn't mean the builder will lose momentum on finishing the building.

I hope the builder gets things fixed for the occupants of L tower. It is awful what you're going through. I wouldn't want to buy pre-construction which is why I purchased most recently brand new from the builder but already completed. The downside is that we didn't get to choose any finishes, the benefits are none of the bad experiences with a building that isn't yet finished and having new construction pains.

Had our PDI scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30AM and occupancy on Friday, got all the paperwork/fees ready etc appointment made with the lawyer to sign the pre-occupancy documents BUT wait here is the good part, got a phone call at 4:29PM saying they have to cancel the PDI it's not ready.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE THESE FOLKS SO MUCH IT'S UNBELIVEABLE
I can use some lovely four letter words if you know what i mean, all the girl kept saying is it's not ready i understand your frustration......I think not!!.
If they did they would get their asses in order and get this damn building up and running for their clients once and for all.
WTF!!!!!

Yeah Trini,

Sorry to hear that, but unfortunately same thing with us, and the other two people I have talked to. They always they do that! before every PDI it seems like.

Had our PDI scheduled for tomorrow at 9:30AM and occupancy on Friday, got all the paperwork/fees ready etc appointment made with the lawyer to sign the pre-occupancy documents BUT wait here is the good part, got a phone call at 4:29PM saying they have to cancel the PDI it's not ready.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I HATE THESE FOLKS SO MUCH IT'S UNBELIVEABLE
I can use some lovely four letter words if you know what i mean, all the girl kept saying is it's not ready i understand your frustration......I think not!!.
If they did they would get their asses in order and get this damn building up and running for their clients once and for all.
WTF!!!!!

My friend had to fly back for her PDI, she got a phone call AS SHE WAS BOARDING THE PLANE that it wasn't ready.

Welcome to the Cityzen/Dominus mess. The construction team gives super late (sometime false) updates to the management, and the management don't actually check in on the units. I've had them calling me and saying so someone came into your unit to fix something and it's completed right? and I'm like.. er no, no 1 has been here for months.

Good luck to you and the PDI.

Do they have a customer service office? Deal with them for fixes, not with property management. (Because it's customer service's job)

My lawyer got a fax saying my occupancy was pushed back to May 29 on the same day I was suppose to take possession. So disappointed ... but I've been in a similar situation with my last condo purchase ... and that one was even worse. I guess we just have to live with it and ask for compensation with Tarion. Still sucks ... and so frustrating.

Does anyone know someone in the media?
You have to hit their brand. There isn't much you will get from Tarion most of the push backs has been construction related and i am sure they have their behinds covered in the contract.

Had anyone install blinds from a contractor?
Looking for someone good and familiar with the building.

Thanks guys

Hey Trini,

With Tarion, you can apply for compensation for delayed occupancy when the notice given to you is less than a week. And for a part of that you don't even need any receipts/

As for the blinds, you can try Mohammad 416 898 2201. He has done many units including ours. Very reasonable and friendly.

Good luck

Does anyone know someone in the media?
You have to hit their brand. There isn't much you will get from Tarion most of the push backs has been construction related and i am sure they have their behinds covered in the contract.

Had anyone install blinds from a contractor?
Looking for someone good and familiar with the building.

Thanks guys

Back